View Diary: How and Why Loonwatch.com is a Terrorist Spin Control Network (330 comments)

•  There are fundamentalists in all religions (8+ / 0-)

Islam is not unique. But Islamic fundamentalists don't come close to being some sort of existential threat to the United States. Chill the fuck out.

"What we really expect out of the Democrats is for them to treat us as they would liked to have been treated." --John Boehner

by slothlax on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 11:45:37 AM PST

•  I don't know that they are a threat to the US (0+ / 0-)

... as much as to the world.

And by "they" I mean Islamic fundamentalists.

There are, as you say, fundamentalists in every religion.  However, it seems that when Islam becomes radicalized it gets especially violent.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 11:55:40 AM PST

•  I just don't follow (7+ / 0-)

What about Hindu extremists in India who commit violence against Muslims? Or Christian fundamentalists here who murder abortion doctors? Iraqis didn't all of a sudden they liked Americans, they rejected the very radical fundamentalists you seem to see as a threat. The IRA was never a threat to overthrow the Crown, ETA was never going to dismember Spain, and FARC never took over Columbia. Fear is the only real weapon terrorists have. I'm sorry you are so afraid.

by slothlax on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 12:04:01 PM PST

•  There are violent Hindus and Jews and Christians.. (0+ / 0-)

It's just that Islam is the reigning heavy weight champ in this area and there is no close second.

That said, the vast majority of Muslims do not participate in this thankfully.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 12:13:17 PM PST

•  Ignoring your unsubstantiated generalization (8+ / 0-)

If the vast majority of Muslims do not participate, what exactly is the point of all this "awareness"? I'm already aware that not every Muslim is an upstanding member of civilized society. I am no more informed now than I was before I read this diary.

by slothlax on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 12:19:51 PM PST

•  The diary is about Loonwatch.com specifically (0+ / 0-)

Not Muslims generally.

How hard is that to grasp?

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 01:34:30 PM PST

•  I never heard of Loonwatch til you came along here (6+ / 0-)

You make it seem like no one here knows about the Muslim Brotherhood.  You did a little research on a vastly complicated issue and reached simplistic conclusions.  Wow, there are Muslim extremists in the world!  I never knew that until you brought it to my attention!

Seriously, I know there is a threat out there.  Nothing you wrote in this diary or in the comments has changed my opinion of how serious that threat is.  You offer no facts or studies to back up your outrageous conclusions.  It seems like you just read a few headlines, perused a few anecdotes, and decided that there is some huge unknown threat out there that no one else seems to recognize.  If that's all you got, you deserve the ridicule you are receiving here.

by slothlax on Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 01:55:49 PM PST