View Diary: Im quitting my job to work for Obama (120 comments)

•  Everyone's Situation is Thier Own (8+ / 0-)

I'd be leaving this job regardless... Im just not going to look for another Corporate Job.

Time for something new.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 07:11:20 PM PST

•  Smart people look for work... (0+ / 0-)

While they're employed if they can. You are making a bad decision.... unless you are wealthy. Do you have savings? Family?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 07:44:06 PM PST

•  again... you are presuming (9+ / 0-)

and my savings and family are my own concern.

The decision to leave my current position was made months ago.  I could keep working in corporate jobs if I wanted to.  I don't.  I considered non-profit.  I considered moving somewhere else in the country... even overseas, which is moderately feasible through some family connections.  But regardless, the decision is mine.

I've made a long career working at a high level in a challenging industry and a fast moving field, spare me the blogger litmus test on what "smart people" would do.

I'm not soliciting approval or interested in the opposite.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 07:58:58 PM PST

•  Like I wrote... (0+ / 0-)

You must be a one percenter.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 08:04:18 PM PST

•  Yeah... I must be. (6+ / 0-)

And just look at all the people in this diary alone that said they did the same thing back in '08 or at the state level....

We're all one percenters here.  I know every campaign I've seen working locally or nationally is just packed full of a bunch of 1-percenters, so I guess I'm just throwing in with my own over-privileged ilk.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 08:10:09 PM PST

•  So what if he is? (1+ / 0-)
            edwardssl

There is this outdated concept known as "noblesse oblige".  Those who have privilege are obligated to use some of its benefits for the benefit of society.  By his own lights, that's what Wisper is doing.

And at any rate, even if Wisper is not being prudent, "Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light."

"Politics should be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage." -- Lucille Ball

by Yamaneko2 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 04:45:54 AM PST

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (59)
  • 2016 (50)
  • Environment (38)
  • Elections (37)
  • Media (34)
  • Republicans (32)
  • Hillary Clinton (31)
  • Law (29)
  • Jeb Bush (29)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Culture (27)
  • Barack Obama (26)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (25)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Economy (20)
  • Labor (20)
  • LGBT (16)
  • Congress (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site