View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Paul Babeu to Paul Gosar: 'Are you insane?' (198 comments)

•  I visit R sites too (5+ / 0-)

Ds who visit R sites are --not-- naive, nor are they ignorant.

"I hope; therefore, I can live."
    For SSP users, see my Tips for Swingnuts diary

by tietack on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 07:35:33 AM PST

•  I've always known (4+ / 0-)

That you were a naive, ignorant turncoat.  Impeach tietack 2012 :-)

•  :) (2+ / 0-)
      tietack, Setsuna Mudo

Thank you.

22, Nice Calm Burkean Post-Modern Gay Democrat; NM-2 (Childhood), TX-21 (School), TX-10 (Home); SSP: wmayes

by wwmiv on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 07:38:55 AM PST

•  ? (2+ / 0-)
      tietack, Skaje
      Ds who visit R sites are --not-- naive, nor are they ignorant.

I agree.  (Did you misread my comment?) I may have a lower quota for BS than other progressives.

I'm not liberal. I'm actually just anti-evil, OK? - Elon James White

by Satya1 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 07:39:45 AM PST

•  Again (0+ / 0-)

Let's not call other people's words "bullshit".

by wwmiv on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 07:42:04 AM PST

•  Except for the President? (1+ / 0-)
          HoosierD42
          The whole speech was political bullshit.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss this any more with you, but I'm posting this one time for the folks who think I have unjustly offended a Kossack.

It's simple:

* Obama is speaking to the American people and not to Congress. Do I need to defend that assertion?  Put that in context with the article you quote:

Of course, depending on one's view of the intended audience of these addresses, a simply written speech such as the one delivered by Obama Tuesday evening might be viewed positively or negatively.

If the audience is Congress, as was the original, intended purpose of the speech, then brief policy outlines, episodic illustrations, and short sound bites are probably not very instructive.

If, however, the intended audience is the American people, then perhaps simply-written speeches - in the age of Twitter and texting - are arguably more effective ways to translate the president's vision of the State of the Union to the average citizen.

* The average reading comprehension of Americans is 8th grade and that is also an indicator of their listening comprehension skills.

* Obama's support, throughout his presidency, has consistently been a function of education.  He polls well with college grads.  He is deliberately attempting to reach out to less educated voters.

I really thought those 3 highlighted points I made were well understood by anyone remoted knowledgeable about politics in this country.

I'm not liberal. I'm actually just anti-evil, OK? - Elon James White

by Satya1 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 08:21:25 AM PST

•  OMG (0+ / 0-)

It has been said before, and surely will be said again, that it is appropriate under the confines of this website to blaspheme public officials or otherwise visible individuals for their words or their actions, but there is also a standard which has been held up within the community. And that standard is this: we much not directly attack our peers. And what is meant by peers? Any member of Daily Kos. We are, as members of this community, shielded from ridicule or otherwise caterwauling insults from the each other. You must know that.

And with that I find that I must again hr your above comment as it contains yet another direct attack on a peer, with that peer being me.

by wwmiv on Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 08:31:32 AM PST

•  While I read your comment almost like wwmiv did (0+ / 0-)

I do appreciate the clarification.

"I hope; therefore, I can live."
        For SSP users, see my Tips for Swingnuts diary