View Diary: UPDATE: Walker's Goons and Facebook Threats: You Signed a Petition, So We Know Where You Live! (318 comments)

•  adolescent asshats, for sure, but this means (9+ / 0-)

that I can find my own signature, online!  I was thinking I'd have to just flip through all the pages if I wanted to see it, which is not worth the effort.   I'm assuming that the hate talk will be mostly talk, though.  It's certainly not worth anyone's house getting burned down!

Walker, your pink slip is coming, unless the orange jumpsuit gets you first.

by non acquiescer on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 02:50:13 PM PST

•  Oh, damn. I'd need to sign in. Never mind. (4+ / 0-)

Walker, your pink slip is coming, unless the orange jumpsuit gets you first.

by non acquiescer on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 02:54:06 PM PST

•  I didn't have to sign in (4+ / 0-)

Recall petitions

You click on a district and a list of PDFs show up. Click on one and see the petitions!

I do not yet see a link there for the Governor petitions.

RIP Will Beinlich 1993-2011 There never seems to be enough time...

by Sark Svemes on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 03:43:04 PM PST

•  By signing in, (1+ / 0-)
        rosarugosa

do you mean registering with "Verify the Recall" and using the database they're building?

I've been thinking about signing up with them and processing petition sheets in a manner that protects the signers, rather than exposing them. This is not the campaign of any recalled official, and there is no legitimate public mandate for building thier database, right?

"All war is stupid" - JFK

by jorogo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 at 08:22:57 AM PST

•  I heard Rep. Vos asking for the database, he's (1+ / 0-)
          jorogo

the GOP head of the Joint Finance Committee and the Wisconsin president of Alec, and his idea was that people could type in an address and see if the people listed on their streets  knew the people who had signed.

What I never liked about the idea is that it would make it very easy to cause trouble for someone who happened to be a political minority in their job, home or neighborhood.

•  Whether it's Vos or any (other) thug, (0+ / 0-)

this use of, and the assembly of the database itself, is outside the GAB's mission to provide recalled officials with means to verify that their recall was legit.

I guess the people of Wisconsin deserve to know that verification has been done, but the primary responsibility for that is with the recalled official's campaign.

And isn't that because Walker et al persuaded a court decision to remove that responsibility from the GAB?

And do we now know why?

"All war is stupid" - JFK

by jorogo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 at 09:28:44 AM PST

•  Very cool idea, non-aq: we start a campaign of (3+ / 0-)
      ms badger, ruleoflaw, non acquiescer

taking screen shots of our own damned names, and post them with pride!

Love it!

•  That would be cool! We could start a Facebook (1+ / 0-)
        noise of rain

page of our own.  If they do come up with a searchable database, I'm all for it.

Of course, I was thinking later, it's easy for me to underestimate the unease some people may feel with having their names public, since (1) I live in Madison and (2) anyone who wonders where we stand in my house would get a good idea from the lawn sign, the 3 posters in our screen porch windows, and the "I signed the petition to recall Walker" sticker on our front door.

Walker, your pink slip is coming, unless the orange jumpsuit gets you first.

by non acquiescer on Tue Jan 31, 2012 at 01:16:48 PM PST