View Diary: First Diary: STOP! NO MORE!! NEVER AGAIN!!! (35 comments)

•  roxine, powerful diary whether it's a first (3+ / 0-)
    kishik, Roxine, 2thanks

or not, thank you.

please accept this comment as a reaction from someone who is still trying to get the dust to settle from recounting my own expereience and not a criticism.

when i started reading the news account and realized where it was heading i had to stop reading. i'm visually sensitive to begin with so the 'bolding' of the entire account came at me pretty hard. again, i just might be in a 'hyper sensitized state', so please take that into account.

very much look forward to reading more of your advocacy.

peace.

There is a crime here that goes beyond denunciation. There is a sorrow here that weeping cannot symbolize. There is a failure here that topples all our success. Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck

by dear occupant on Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 10:12:04 PM PST

•  Put Warning on - (3+ / 0-)
      kishik, dear occupant, 2thanks

again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Still trying to find my way here on Daily Kos.  Any and all critiques welcomed.

"...I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul" Invictus - William Ernest Henley

by Roxine on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 04:14:33 AM PST

•  Roxine, (3+ / 0-)
        dear occupant, Roxine, 2thanks

You've done great so far. Not sure where you find all the energy for all of the projects you're involved!

All the suffering of this world arises from a wrong attitude.The world is neither good or bad. It is only the relation to our ego that makes it seem the one or the other - Lama Anagorika Govinda

by kishik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 05:17:12 AM PST

•  Multi-tasking (3+ / 0-)
          kishik, 2thanks, dear occupant

Thanks kishik -

I do seem to perform at a higher level when I'm pushed.

Part of me thinks that maybe keeping SO BUSY is my way of escaping.  In other words, if I don't have to slow down, I don't have to be alone with my thoughts.

Sometimes I do feel like I'm treading water...

Anyway.  I encourage everyone to continue promoting the link to the survivor's diary.  I've been searching out news articles around the world, discussion groups, etc., and posting the link there.

This is the verbiage I'm using - feel free to copy and paste.  I've also been emailing every media person I can - hoping to have our message heard.  It only takes one person to highlight the link or retweet it or post it on their blog and that can get a whole lot more eyes on our stories.

I think our stories are important - and they need to be told.  No longer can we look away because it's an uncomfortable topic.  I read somewhere recently that said by the time you finish reading this, another 5 children will have been raped for the first time...

I'll post the verbiage down thread as this is already too long :)

by Roxine on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 05:54:46 AM PST

•  you know... (2+ / 0-)
            2thanks, dear occupant

I'm not certain if it's because of what happened at Penn State that the media is picking up more of these stories or what, but in the NY Daily News, they've posted another story.  just providing the link, so others don't need to read and possible trigger.

Perhaps if anything, even if it's the flavor of the month for the news, it will bring awareness to adults - to be careful and watchful.  Not saying every coach out there is a predator, but we know that many times they'll seek jobs or positions that will give them contact with children.

Again, a person who was in a position as a coach.
            NY Daily News article

by kishik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 06:34:13 AM PST

•  I'm glad that... (3+ / 0-)
      Roxine, 2thanks, dear occupant

There is a growing community here that is dedicated to bringing awareness and also provide a place where the topic can be discussed without fear.

Dear occupant, your diary posted a week ago was very powerful.

by kishik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 05:15:51 AM PST

•  thank you kishik and roxine for your work. (3+ / 0-)
        Roxine, kishik, 2thanks

i think this community will be extremely helpful. fragile people have a different view of things and i think it will be instructive for us all going forward in how are stories are portrayed, the words, the optics all are teachable moments.

other times an account just has to come out the way it needs to be told, there's no judgement from me on anyones' story. so thank you both and roxine, i've made more errors than you can shake a stick at, we all have to learn i guess.

anyway, yours was not a mistake, it was just my view, so no stress, ok?

by dear occupant on Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 05:30:54 AM PST