View Diary: Daily Kos/PPP survey: Majority of conservatives oppose cancer screening at Planned Parenthood (91 comments)

•  Planned Parenthood exists (11+ / 0-)

therefore it goes against the will of their deity as only He decides  who should be a parent.  Plus, they truly believe that PP is an abortion mill and spends every penny to murder innocent babies to the exclusion of everything else.

/snark

I support the troops! I want them to return home in something besides caskets and body bags. (-6.5,-4.1)

by minidriver on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 10:38:09 AM PST

•  well, fundies aren't exactly big supporters (10+ / 0-)

of contraception either.  Except for themselves and only spoken of in "quiet rooms".

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 10:44:56 AM PST

•  True enough (2+ / 0-)
        shoeless, dougymi

In my younger years I lived in the South.  My wife and I attended a Baptist church with some friends on some of our Sundays and about half of every sermon was about the evils of "drink" (as they called it).

Then, on Monday, the state-supported liquor store parking lot was full of what looked to be mostly the same cars we saw in the church parking lot the day before.

We figured that a lot of folks in our town had the same kind of cars there or something....  :-)

- If you don't like gay marriage, blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

by r2did2 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 10:56:53 AM PST

•  My mother is aghast that her small town is wet (2+ / 0-)
          MrJersey, r2did2

The town lays across the county line, and the southern county has gone wet. So now they're building a liquor store on the south side of town.

Mind you, my mother is not upset that the small town is being exposed to the evils of alcohol.

She's upset that some of her social circle might actually see her at the store. So much more convenient to drive 30 miles to the city and buy your booze in relative anonymity.

This is my life. All the pain, all the joy it brings. All through the years, the blood, sweat, and tears, my hopes and my fears -- all that has led me to now. This is my life, and I wouldn't change a thing.

by harrije on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 11:18:26 AM PST

•  She might see Jimmy Swaggart with the prostitute (1+ / 0-)
            r2did2

at the motel while she is in that town 30 miles away as well.  Hypocrisy is an awe inspiring thing, isn't it?

And it feels like I'm livin'in the wasteland of the free ~ Iris DeMent, 1996

by MrJersey on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 11:31:16 AM PST

•  ha... funny you should say that (0+ / 0-)

The county in N. Michigan I was born in was dry for the longest time due to the evils of alcohol preached in just about every Christian Reformed church.  Just one town in the southwestern corner of it could sell liquor by the bottle (there were a few bars, mostly for the "tourists and deer hunters" (ha!)).  That town and its 3 liquor stores were packed most of the time. Even on Sunday afternoons!   Good business strategy...

by dougymi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 at 12:17:49 PM PST