View Diary: Mitt Romney jumps on the anti-birth control bandwagon, attacks Obama (136 comments)

•  Nope...no infringement (1+ / 0-)
    singe

If an employer has a belief I don't agree with, then I have the choice not to work for them. It's just that simple.

- If you don't like gay marriage, blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

by r2did2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 02:23:22 PM PST

•  but if the employer is a hospital that gets (0+ / 0-)

federal tax dollars like a catholic hospital or catholic public school shouldn't it comply with the laws or not take the money?

•  Not take the money (1+ / 0-)
        singe

We already have organizations that don't take money from the government because it is against the law for them to provide abortions using taxpayer money. The Catholic church is no better than those.

We're on the same side, singe. I am just adamant about this constitutionally. I also stand on the "wrong" side here on Kos because I don't believe that there should EVER be a law that takes away people's right to "bear arms"...2nd amendment...and I have had similarly bad discussions right here on this blogsite in that regard. But, It's just me...the constitution and its provisions means a great deal to me. I interpret some of the provisions therein differently than some here, and I occasionally get the wrath of the majority here for saying what I believe on some of those issues. I expect it and don't take offense to it.

by r2did2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 02:35:52 PM PST

•  i am glad u r on the "big orange" team r2 :) n/t (1+ / 0-)
          r2did2
          •  Thanks, singe (0+ / 0-)

I'm a solid democrat and progressive. I just have some things I'm not totally in line with when it comes to our majority thinking. I know I'm a bit "different". Hopefully no one here on DKos hates me too much when I disagree on some stuff.

by r2did2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 02:48:06 PM PST

•  I think you'd find a lot of rural dems (1+ / 0-)
              r2did2

from the western states right beside you when it comes to the second amendment.

The good thing about being a dem is that while you might feel like you're " a bit different" from the rest, I hope it never feels like the party will do the sort of ethnic cleansing that the repubs are currently doing and purge you.

There's some things I've strongly disagreed with the majority of progressives with over the years, but I've almost always felt like my opinions were at least heard, if not always agreed with.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLK Jr.

by koosah on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 02:58:54 PM PST

•  Yeah, I know (1+ / 0-)
                koosah

Sometimes here on DKos I feel like just ending my involvement because of all the "hate" I get when i disagree and with some of the trashing I get. I've gone away for a month or so a couple times just to "heal my wounds"...then come back.

I'm fine with knowing I'm a bit different. Hey, if we were all the same on everything, what would be the point of having DKos in the first place?

by r2did2 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 03:04:38 PM PST

•  Please don't leave! (0+ / 0-)

If we don't engage each other in robust debate, how can we expect to stand up to the other side? We need to hear your opinions, especially if they are different...even if everyone doesn't agree, it gives insights into the opposing arguments. It's extremely valuable.

The great thing about D Kos is that it is so big, there's hardly ever a time when there isn't a thread on some diary that is friendly.

I like to visit the "Pootie diaries" when I get fatigued from the more contentious threads. ;^)

by koosah on Tue Feb 07, 2012 at 03:18:54 PM PST