View Diary: Announcing Operation Hilarity: Let's keep the GOP clown show going! (641 comments)

•  On Sunday, a commentator on NPR (1+ / 0-)
    nominalize

(sorry, can't remember who) was saying it could be a brokered convention with Jeb Bush as the knight in shining armor.

My thought: really? With a last name of Bush? I mean, he was Florida's crappy governor, but isn't the nation weary of anyone with the last name of Bush?

Does anyone have any idea of what his electability against Obama would be?

"At stake are not just the details of policy, but fundamental principles of social justice and the character of our country." ~Sen. Ted Kennedy

by Wendy in FL on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 01:59:46 PM PST

•  Somewhere I heard he was popular in FL (0+ / 0-)

but have no idea whether it's true.
      My question for a while has been -- why didn't Chris Christie run?
      I have 2 theories:
      1) he's enjoying being governor of NJ and really doesn't want to work all that hard
      2) he's got something to hide.

Deep inside my gut tells me it's #2, but my gut is usually only 50% right (chance level), so who knows.

We're not perfect, but they're nuts! -- Barney Frank

by Tamar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 02:52:21 PM PST

•  Actually, he and any one with brains (2+ / 0-)
        Tamar, nominalize

sees Obama winning in 2012. That's the real reason.

Fructose is a liver poison. Stop eating it today.

by Anne Elk on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 04:35:36 PM PST

•  probably true -- but when the campaigns (0+ / 0-)

started, the economy was so bad and Obama's approval wasn't that high, so it seemed quite possible (and still is somewhat) that Obama could be beaten.
          But I guess they might figure 2016 is far more likely since Biden probably won't run (he'll be 74 -- not impossible but pretty unlikely) so there won't be an incumbent to beat.

We're not perfect, but they're nuts! -- Barney Frank

by Tamar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 06:23:22 PM PST

•  He gets discusssed - I'm worried about the House (0+ / 0-)

I think team O can, baring some real craziness, bring in the top of the ticket but we NEED the House as well.

If you didn't like the news today, go out and make some of your own.

by jgnyc on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 02:52:27 PM PST

•  Jeb is a little too smart (0+ / 0-)

to step into a pile of horse-shit like that. I am bemused by the constant appearance of this "brokered convention" meme. It's nutty and it's just not happening. Maybe back in a day when men wore straw boaters, but not today. Actually, I wouldn't really mind if that's the way they still did choose nominees. We'd probably have better nominees. That way of choosing nominees came up with some pretty fine Presidents. Just sayin'

Fructose is a liver poison. Stop eating it today.

by Anne Elk on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 04:34:51 PM PST