View Diary: Okay, not that I want to dis Kos... (109 comments)

•  I have once...almost twice (4+ / 0-)

Once was way back when Repubs weren't quite as bad, and it was a "non-partisan" election for mayor of San Diego and NONE of the more than a dozen candidates was much good so the moderate Republican seemed the best (there was a Star Trek candidate who was probably my second choice, if that gives you an idea!).

The second time a friend of mine was running as a Repub (long story) and this was during the G W Bush years. I couldn't vote for her even though I KNEW she was good. I just couldn't do the Repub line. In her particular case I should have (she did lose in the end), but I couldn't. I later learned more about her role within the Repub party and that could have made all the difference. Had I know what I knew later, I probably could have voted for her.

Otherwise, I have been solidly Dem except for occasional independents, Greens or WFP (before they became corrupt in NYC) when it wouldn't enable a Repub.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE: That's why we pay taxes. I Had A Thought

by mole333 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 03:32:00 PM PST

•  I did it in '00. voted for mccain (1+ / 0-)
      cotterperson

first, it was a thumb in john engler's eye and second, I really had the Anybody But Bush syndrome bad.  Didn't help in the end.

I think I'm gonna get some fake vomit and leave it in the voting booth after I go.  Just in case I can't hork up any on my own, which there's a fair chance of.  lil ricki sickens me.

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 03:51:58 PM PST

•  If I ever stepped into a voting booth (8+ / 0-)

and pulled the lever for a Rethug, the vomit I left behind would be anything but fake.

Al Qeada is a faith-based initiative.

by drewfromct on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 05:21:48 PM PST

•  i also voted for mcCain in the R primary in 2000 (3+ / 0-)
        dougymi, Tamar, Ajipon

i was trying to stop GWB.

I also voted for Bill Weld over John Silber in 1990, but so did a lot of other Democrats and sane people!  That was practically a contest between two Republicans, and Bill Weld was the lesser of two evils--an old school moderate Republican the likes of which barely exist anymore.  (And Weld proved it again when he endorsed Obama in '08.)

Now, I admit that I was thinking about taking the R ballot in the MA primary on Super Tuesday and voting for His Frothiness because I want R-Money to lose the Massachusetts primary.

But then I heard some people talking about the reasons why Mr. Frothy might be a stronger opponent than R-Money, and I am thinking twice.

*"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."*
        When I look at the economy, I think Obama can't win; when I look at the Republicons I think he can't lose. And the economy is getting better. h/t Paul Begala

by TrueBlueMajority on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 07:09:20 PM PST

•  LOL...leave fake vomit...do it. I would almost pay (1+ / 0-)
        dougymi

good money to see the expression on the next persons face that comes in the voting booth behind you.

"We are a Plutocracy, we ought to face it. We need, desperately, to find new ways to hear independent voices & points of view" Ramsey Clark, U.S. Attorney General.

by Mr SeeMore on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 07:35:18 PM PST

•  See that arm? I'd cut it off before I voted R! (12+ / 0-)

I'm with you, I wouldn't vote R if you held a gun to my head, The bad karma would take a long time to get over.
      Just the notion of voting R is enough to make me nauseous, if not bilious. BARRRRFFFF!!!!!!!

Markos, get a grip, you don't want people pulling the R lever, really you don't, it could lead to horrible things.

Friends don't let friends vote Republican

Happy just to be alive

by exlrrp on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 04:11:18 PM PST

•  I doubt many progressives will go to an R caucus (3+ / 0-)
        mole333, SoCalSal, Tamar

Really!  Who among us wouldn't rather mulch the garden than go get smelled out and tossed from a Republican caucus?

The chances of this "campaign" having any measurable effect on the Republican's results in the populous states targeted is negligible to none.  However, the fuel it gives to paranoid 'Winger' propaganda (and fundraising) is immeasurable.

It's a bad idea, made worse by being Front-Paged by Kos (Chief RadicLib Bogeyman) himself.

•  neither could i. i was raised better (6+ / 0-)

than to ever vote for a republican.  to do so would insult the memory of my ancestors.

WHY IS EASIER TO BELIEVE THAT 150,000,000 AMERICANS ARE BEING LAZY, RATHER THAN THAT 400 ARE BEING GREEDY?

by doesnotworkorplaywellwithothers on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 06:15:12 PM PST

•  I did. I regret it. (1+ / 0-)
      mole333

In 2010, I didn't really like the Democratic candidate for WI Attorney General. So, I looked on Attorney General Van Hollen's website, and saw that my Democratic District Attorney had endorsed him. When I went to vote, I voted for all the other offices first, and then went back to the AG line, and pushed the button next to Van Hollen's name. Have regretted it ever since. I really didn't think he would become such a partisan.
      Also, I plan on voting in the Republican Primary here in Wisconsin, so Tommy Thompson DOES NOT get to run against Tammy Baldwin. He could easily beat her. With out Tommy, Baldwin has a better chance.

Farm boy who hit the city to go to college, WI-03 (home, voting), WI-02 (college), -7.88, -4.26, One in ONE MILLION that recalled Scott Walker!!!!

by WisJohn on Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 06:51:16 PM PST

•  MI House district 29 special election is same day (1+ / 0-)
      mole333

The successful recall of Paul Scott (R) gave Dems a shot at the seat, but Snyder scheduled the special election for the same day as the Republican primary.  That gives them a huge advantage.  Every Dem in that district should be out voting for Tim Greimel.

Lets be serious and cast our votes for candidates we can support, not caricatures of the worst in us.