View Diary: NO LONGER INVISIBLE: Israel's Repressive System of Military Justice Is Being Exposed (104 comments)

•  Hey, lighten up. There's no comparison. (3+ / 0-)
    WattleBreakfast, poco, Celtic Merlin

I wasn't defending Israel.  I was saying they're so paranoid about it that they treat their own in a similar way.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm on your side.  Seriously -- ease up.

There are 3.5 million people homeless in the US and 18.5 million vacant homes. What's wrong with this picture?

OCCUPY

by Yasuragi on Mon Feb 20, 2012 at 05:17:38 PM PST

•  I get it. (2+ / 1-)
      Yasuragi, poco
      Hidden by:
      Hoodoo Man

Your comment was worded in such a way that it seemed to me to be something that it (now apparently) wasn't intended to be.

I'll say this for it, though.  It really got my Irish up, didn't it?  :0)

You did, however, inspire me to write a vivid comparison between how Israel treats its own arrested citizens and how that nation treats Palestinians.  The comparison is quite stark . . . and quite appalling.

Sorry about having been harsh with my words.  Your eyebrows will grow back, I swear it.

Celtic Merlin
      Carlinist

Struggle with dignity against injustice. IS there anything more honorable that a person can do?

by Celtic Merlin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 08:53:05 AM PST

•  Yeah, well you're paying for my (2+ / 0-)
        poco, Celtic Merlin

eyebrow pencils until they do, ya brute!

I was stupid to write a comment in haste in an I/P diary.  Should've been much more careful.

So where do I send the bill?
        ;)

OCCUPY

by Yasuragi on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 10:02:06 AM PST

•  Send the bill to: (1+ / 0-)
          Yasuragi

Celtic Merlin
          1060 West Addison St.
          Chicago, Illinois 60613

Do you want cash or a USPS money order by return mail?

Celtic Merlin
          Carlinist

by Celtic Merlin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 09:47:54 PM PST

•  ::arches an eyebrow:: (1+ / 0-)
            Celtic Merlin

How do I know that's your address?

Huh?

Whaddaya take me for?  Some rube?

Paypal, buddy!

And what'm I supposed to do with the stubble as it's growing back in?  Huh?  Huh?  Tell me!

OCCUPY

by Yasuragi on Wed Feb 22, 2012 at 03:29:11 PM PST

•  So you arched an eyebrow at me, huh? (1+ / 0-)
              Yasuragi

This means that you still HAVE eyebrows to arch and there is no need for you to pencil-in any facial features.

This was all just a ruse to get me to buy expensive cosmetics for you, wasn't it?

I see how you operate.

As far as the address goes - you're going to have to trust me on that.  Besides, what's to lose in sending your bill to me at my home address - a stamp?

Sheesh!

Not that I'm going to pay for eyebrows that you still have.  Had you not arched one of them at me, you'd have gotten away with it.

Celtic Merlin
              Carlinist

by Celtic Merlin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 03:17:46 AM PST

•  Y'know, last night, a few hours after (1+ / 0-)
                Celtic Merlin

I'd written this comment, I drove to the store for some smokes, and as I was driving back, with no forethought at all, I said to myself, "Arches an eyebrow??"  Followed by a bit of profanity.

Clearly, I'm not all that bright.

But at least I got your address.  My lawyer will be writing.  She's a lot smarter.  ;p

OCCUPY

by Yasuragi on Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 07:40:31 AM PST

•  LOL! (1+ / 0-)
                  Yasuragi

So it hit you while you were in the car, huh?  Isn't that frustrating?

BTW, you really should Google my address.  I just want you to see how big my house is.

A clue for you:
                  "It's 106 miles to Chicago.  We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Celtic Merlin
                  Carlinist
                  "Hit it!"

by Celtic Merlin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 10:25:15 AM PST

•  A McCain household? (1+ / 0-)
                    Celtic Merlin

Okay... going there now.

...

Oh, man, what a dream home!  Now that's my kinda place!

Hey... you married?  ;)

OCCUPY

by Yasuragi on Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 09:54:53 PM PST

•  Married? I don't HAVE to be! (1+ / 0-)
                      Yasuragi

Have you ever seen the movie, "The Blues Brothers"?

That's where my "hint" came from.

I've got lots of space here, but the menu is rather limited.

Celtic Merlin
                      Carlinist

by Celtic Merlin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40:31 AM PST

•  Been so long I barely remeber it -- (0+ / 0-)

obviously.

Very cool, Merlin.  Very cool.  :)

OCCUPY