View Diary: Maryland Del. Sam Arora "cocky" after betrayal, legislative aide resigns in protest (117 comments)

•  I still think he's bisexual (if not gay) (12+ / 0-)

and doesn't want to be outed.  As said in the update, if he had a religious problem with it it wouldn't be a new issue. (unless he was lying from day one)

Ds see human suffering and wonder what they can do to relieve it. Rs see human suffering and wonder how they can profit from it.

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 09:55:21 AM PST

•  I don't know (7+ / 0-)

if he had voted 'yes', he would have been one with the majority, and no one would have remembered his name or who he is.

People know who he is because he voted 'no'.  If he is gay or bisexual, then this was not the way to keep it from being known.

It's about time I changed my signature.

by Khun David on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 11:47:24 AM PST

•  Not every skeezy politician is gay (8+ / 0-)
        •  No, but he's in his 30's, single, and GORGEOUS. (1+ / 0-)
          Tennessee Dave

He's a very pretty man. And I'm not leaning toward gay as much as toward bisexual.

C'mon, Scott, surely you've read the Craiglist postings in M4M Casual Encounters. All these "str8" guys looking to hook up with other guys. They can't even call themselves bi, they're str8 guys who love women, but like to fool around with guys when their women are out of town. That is rampant here in the metro DC area.

I'd just about bet my left nut that in time it'll come out that Arora is bisexual.

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 12:01:24 PM PST

•  WTF? (2+ / 0-)
            JTinDC, The Truth

IMO, if you're straight you don't go around trying to hook up w/ guys. For example, I don't go cruising gay bars when my wife is not around. That's just me, but guys who do that are at minimum  bisexual or are really closeted men living a lie.

•  BINGO! Actual, real life str8 guys don't have sex (4+ / 0-)

with other guys unless they get paid to or unless they're drunk, horny, and up for receiving a good bj from anyone with a mouth.

But yes, Dirk, there are plenty of legitimately bisexual men who will never admit to themselves let alone anyone else that they're anything other than str8. And they'll hide it from the women in their lives. Some will get caught, some won't.

What a lot of folks may not realize is that bisexuals, men in particular, often have a tough time finding acceptance from both hetero and homosexuals. Hetero and homo alike tend to not to see bisexuality as a seperate, legitimate orientation. Like heteros, some of my fellow homos insist on balck and white. If you're a guy and you fool around with other guys, you're gay. Period.

Human sexuality is just far too complex for even some of the allegedly enlightened folk to understand and accept.

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 12:22:08 PM PST

•  unless he was threatened with being outed and had (5+ / 0-)

a tough choice to make out of fear.

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 11:53:57 AM PST

•  He should of preemptively outed himself then (3+ / 0-)
          JTinDC, Noor B, madgranny

Blackmail is illegal last I checked. Too bad he didn't get the FBI involved. I think it would have completely changed the situation if he really was being blackmailed. For one, I think that many people would have a lot more sympathy for him. All he would have had to say is that his private life is his private life and in no way does it affect his job and that would have been that. So he's gay or bi, BFD. However, the hypocrisy of being a closeted homophobe is to paraphrase Joe Biden, "A big fucking deal."

•  People have lots of secrets (15+ / 0-)

expunged criminal records, tax problems, shady associates and relatives, the list goes on and on.

Being secretly gay isn't the only thing politicians try to hide.

I'll grant it's possible, but you seem very focused on that, when there isn't a shred of evidence, or even rumors I've heard, to support it. It's just speculation.

Like Maggie Gallagher or the Catholic Church cut him a million dollar check.

Who knows?

•  I hear you. Could it be that I WANT him (3+ / 0-)
            Scott Wooledge, madgranny, aitchdee

to be bi or gay? Why yes, yes I do want him to be bi or gay. Don't all homosexuals want everyone to be bi or gay? ;-)

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 12:30:03 PM PST

•  There we go. (3+ / 0-)
              JTinDC, madgranny, aitchdee

LOL, it's better to be authentic.

•  It's always nice to find out cute/hot guys are gay (0+ / 0-)

I've lately been crushing big time on Salon's Steve Kornacki and while I'd assumed for several year's that he was str8, I just read this afternoon that he came out as gay last year. Reading the story of his journey I can see where Arora could be in a similar boat. Similar, not the same.

Some say gays & lesbians are 10% of the population. Maybe so. I think it's higher. Between bi people who insist they are str8 when they're really bi and gay/lesbian people who insist they're bi when they're really gay/lesbian, and considering that according to Kinsey most of us fall somewhere on a continuum, I think GLBT folks make up a lot closer to at minimum 25% of the population.

by JTinDC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 02:02:58 PM PST

• Law (19)
  • Media (19)
  • 2016 (16)
  • Science (16)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site