View Diary: Support Their Sacrifice (51 comments)

•  Dr. Dean (0+ / 0-)

Remember Portland, Oregon?

The little engagement you did at the Schnitzer with KARL ROVE?

Remember the lady at the Heathman Hotel Restaurant who stood up and called Karl Rove an f*cking War Criminal?

That was me. I was there with Veterans for Peace, Viet Nam Veterans Against the War and CodePink.

You were there with Karl Rove.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." ~Jimi Hendrix

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 02:12:49 PM PST

•  It wasn't even a debate. (0+ / 0-)

It was a PAID speaking engagement.  Just part of a tour you did with KARL ROVE.

How much of that money did you donate to "the troops"?

Why did you refuse to meet with the small crowd of veterans and peace activists out front of the theatre?  Why did you have to cut through the city block secret passageways?

You both came down the stairs laughing it up like old buddies.  I will NEVER forget the look on Rove's face when I called him out and then the place erupted in shouts of you two to get out of there.  You both had to run.

BOHICA was outside with his bullhorn calling for the arrest of Karl Rove and you were laughing it up with him as you tried to hide from us.

I will never forget that night.  It was cemented in me that politics for many is just a damn game.  A laugh fest.

There's not enough money in the world for me to be laughing it up with Karl Rove.  But in your world there is.

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 02:26:42 PM PST

•  Damnit Janet, I take it from your comments (5+ / 0-)

that supporting Vets is something you have in common with our goal in raising funds for the troops.

If you need to call out Dean on something, please don't do it in a thread where it can only disrupt the intent of the diary.

I was a peripheral visionary. I could see the future, but only way off to the side. ~ Steven Wright

by Bugsby on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 03:07:45 PM PST

•  Dean or one of his staff wrote the diary correct? (0+ / 0-)

It was not my goal or desire  to disrupt the diary but to direct my post to Dean or his staff.   I would have loved to have communicated with him at the event itself but he refused any contact with any of us.  He remained at Rove's side.

I was "disrupting" all the 1%ers who paid to hear Dean and Rove speak in Portland.

If another politician posted a diary about something and you knew or were aware of something that felt a bit off to you - like laughing it up with a War Criminal and then saying you support effots to help the troops?

I will stand firm on my question of did Dr. Dean donate his earnings to the troops?  I think that is a fair and valid question and concern.

I do respect the work and efforts of Netroots for the Troops.  As I respect many here.  So I will not look to any answers from anyone here about this concern.  Carry on and good luck.

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:13:26 PM PST

•  Thanks for your support. (4+ / 0-)
            BTW, great sig line.

by Bugsby on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:22:19 PM PST

Bugsby, llbear, weck, uciguy30

I don't mean to come off as a total jerk.  It was really upsetting be at that particular Rove protest.

Just got off the phone with social security as we are fighting for my son to be able to get disability and they are being total asshats about it.

And my husband was hit by a car last night on his bike on his commute home.

I'm frazzled.

But also I am glad you didn't bust my ass or troll rate me.  I've always thought of you as a class act.  I'm just really pissed off with political games.  People are getting hurt by them.

Peace and Strength to you.

Off to a hockey game to go unwind and support my son who works for the team.

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:28:18 PM PST

•  Sending good vibes your way. (5+ / 0-)

And they don't have far to travel.  I'm from PDX too.

Take care.  Hope the SS thing works out and that your husband is okay.

Enjoy the game and scream your head off.  It helps.  :0)

Cheers!

by Bugsby on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:34:48 PM PST

•  No way! (1+ / 0-)
                  Bugsby

All us cool peeps are in Portland :)

Winter Hawks kicked Spokane's rear 8 to 3.  My son works with them on the home games.

Much needed hockey time for us all.  Thank you Bugsby.   For the good vibes and the your good blogsmanship.

I'll go sit in the sin bin, feel shame and then I'll go free :)

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40:01 PM PST

•  You crack me up! (1+ / 0-)
                    Damnit Janet
                    I'll go sit in the sin bin, feel shame and then I'll go free :)
                    Glad you had a good game.  Yea, Winter Hawks!

Hope you get a chance to read the other Netroots for the Troops Diaries. Wonderful stories. I passed my faves on to the Vets I know, thought they might enjoy seeing what's being done on behalf of their brothers and sisters in arms.

Enjoy your weekend.  It's soggy out there, but like they say, we're not made of sugar.  :0)

Cheers!

by Bugsby on Sat Feb 25, 2012 at 11:17:33 AM PST

•  you would have been much more considerate of (4+ / 0-)
            Onomastic, weck, uciguy30, JekyllnHyde

those who are working so hard for the NFTT effort if you had sent a letter or email to Governor Dean or his staff.  no, i don't have his contact information, but i can't imagine that it would be that hard to find.  heck you could send him a private message here on the site with kosmail.

A hundred years from now...Watering lawns will seem as crazy as throwing diamonds on our lawns; we're throwing the world's most important resource - clean drinking water - on the ground. - Univ. of TX Professor Michael Webber

by politik on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:31:35 PM PST

•  Many did contact him before he showed up with Rove (0+ / 0-)

Portland is known as being Little Beirut for a reason.  He knew he was going to be judged , protested and condemned for the event.  I'm not sure how many groups, some of them veteran groups did contact him and requested that he not to do the stint with Rove.

He should be more considerate of who he does speaking gigs with, who he ignores and who he laughs it up with.

by Damnit Janet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 10:51:34 PM PST