Skip to main content

View Diary: Anti-Capitalist Meet-up: In Honour of International Women's Day: The Words of Our Founding Mothers (46 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  It is interesting to raise this issue and exactly (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Mnemosyne, NY brit expat, jarbyus

    caused the divide between the "bourgeois" in-system feminists and the more socialist working class women.  The gains made by women getting onto the boards of major major corporations is an individual human rights advance for a few women who "break the glass ceiling" but how many women does this effect?  and once they are in these positions will they be any different than the other 1% in exploiting the rest of the 99%.  The socialist women would say that the goals of women's equality have to advance all women (or at least the 99%).

    •  Two of the women who can be cited here: (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      NY brit expat

      Made fortunes as CEO's of major corporations (Hewlitt-Packard and World Wide Wrestling) and then used their fortunes to run as Republicans for important governmental seats.  It is often hard to let go of power, once held.  

      Just waitin' around for the new Amy Winehouse album

      by jarbyus on Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 07:29:40 AM PST

      [ Parent ]

      •  exactly, my point below! thanks ... missed this (0+ / 0-)

        earlier.

        "Hegel noticed somewhere that all great world history facts and people so to speak twice occur. He forgot to add: the one time as tragedy, the other time as farce" Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte .

        by NY brit expat on Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 03:39:57 PM PST

        [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site