View Diary: Women legislators turn the tables and introduce bills regulating men's reproductive health (210 comments)

•  uh, unconstitutional is the point (9+ / 0-)

If this is unconstitutional, so are the attempts to regulate women's reproductive health choices.

Everything's a "media implement," if you want to win.

"I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more." - Popeye the Sailor Man

by congenitalefty on Mon Mar 12, 2012 at 09:45:18 AM PDT

•  I get it. (2+ / 0-)
      indie17, congenitalefty

But proposing legislation that one knows is unconstitutional for the sole purpose of highlighting hypocrisy seems like a cheapening of the process. I get that we're in a social battle against really unscrupulous foes. Maybe this is what has to happen to effectively fight back. But it still bugs me that things have gotten to this point.

"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." -Tony Benn (-6.38,-6.36)

by The Rational Hatter on Mon Mar 12, 2012 at 09:52:07 AM PDT

•  "cheapening of the process"? Now? (1+ / 0-)
        congenitalefty

How long have you been under that rock?

If you do not believe that there is an ongoing war on women, then you aren't paying attention. h/t The Pootie Potentate

by glorificus on Mon Mar 12, 2012 at 10:59:16 AM PDT

•  It's the first time I've seen it from our side (0+ / 0-)

I've seen the hypothetical "what if this affected men?" question asked. And rightfully so I hasten to add. But taking that to the level of actually introducing legislation for consideration? My high school civics teacher is rolling her eyes somewhere today.

If thinking that legislative process is not a place to be cavalier means I live under a rock, I'll wear that badge proudly.

by The Rational Hatter on Mon Mar 12, 2012 at 12:48:38 PM PDT

•  So, you think it is acceptable for these laws (0+ / 0-)

to be passed affecting women with NO pushback? It's acceptable for the Rs to do this, and women should just sit down, shut up, and 'act like ladies'?

I very much doubt your former teacher is doing as you say.

Thanks for fucking nothing.

by glorificus on Mon Mar 12, 2012 at 04:29:36 PM PDT