View Diary: Everything that's wrong with the GOP in 1:48 (92 comments)

•  Falling on your sword is not yet reconstruction. (7+ / 0-)

It's repentance, it's a start, but while learning lessons the hard way is vital, for some it's also a habit. The movie illustrates the difference between campaigning and governing and so far Schmidt has revealed only his good and bad aspects of campaigning and controlled, utilitarian honesty.

Eliminate the Bush tax cuts Eliminate Afghan and Iraq wars Do these things first before considering any cuts

by kck on Wed Mar 14, 2012 at 07:36:51 AM PDT

•  We've seen him "consult" on MSNBC. (1+ / 0-)
      sockpuppet

Is that a start of something, I wonder?

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
      I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
      —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Wed Mar 14, 2012 at 07:54:54 AM PDT

•  Historically, commentary is more final resting... (3+ / 0-)
        polecat, jds1978, sockpuppet

... place than launch pad, no? Maybe, but I don't see it.

by kck on Wed Mar 14, 2012 at 08:18:19 AM PDT

•  Rat fleeing a ship? (4+ / 0-)

He wasn't portrayed badly (from what I can tell) in the movie.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
          I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
          —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Wed Mar 14, 2012 at 08:32:46 AM PDT

•  Learning lessons is what experience is all about (2+ / 0-)
            Hirodog, HappyinNM

It's just that learning about the gravity of selecting carefully for VP? While putting the nation at such serious risk? What can one say but "Duh." Republicans generally have a lower bar for VP than Dems, but Palin?

Sure, ultimately, Palin is on McCain, not Schmidt. The movie seemed very sympathetic toward him and seemed a fair portrayal.  He's not a rat IMO. He's a traditional campaign manager which translates to me a very different set of skills.

by kck on Wed Mar 14, 2012 at 08:52:46 AM PDT

•  Would that translate into a wonk policy position, (0+ / 0-)

or a Press Secretary position in some future admin?

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
              I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
              —Spike Milligan