View Diary: MA-Sen: PPP finds Elizabeth Warren holding the lead (146 comments)

•  Outside of Rasmussen and the Republican poll (3+ / 0-)
    sapelcovits, dufffbeer, Anonyman

I have no particular reason to believe that Suffolk or Quinnipiac were putting their thumbs on the scale. I think the polls were ultimately poor, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are dishonest.

Politics and more Formerly DGM on SSP. NM-01, 25 (chairman of the Atheist Caucus)

by NMLib on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 12:16:32 PM PDT

•  Poor is not dishonest NMLib? If you seek not (1+ / 0-)
      tommypaine

to do it correctly - you are doing it biased and that is not honest.

PLEASE, by all means possible, THINK for yourself? Then make a difference in the world; by doing something good for someone else today.

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 12:38:49 PM PDT

•  as for me, I always desire a legitimate poll so (0+ / 0-)

that we know what our focus should be.

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 12:39:25 PM PDT

•  Opps didn't mean to rec that (1+ / 0-)
        Anonyman

Not doing something correctly is not to be biased.  That is very silly.

I was not biased agaist that coffee cup I dropped when drying the dishes.

Mr. Gorbachev, establish an Electoral College!

by tommypaine on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 01:04:57 PM PDT

•  An apple and orange compare from a name (0+ / 0-)

extraordinaire.

Mr. Paine.

You know that dropping the coffee cup will result in breaking it. When the break transpires, there always remains the question - why did it transpire.

If the cup belongs to your ex girl or someone else you have a beef with - that does not bode well for the bias debate of "I have nothing against the cup so it's breaking was accidental".

The MassLive Poll in conjunction with The Republican denoting that 22% of all Dems are against Warren and Brown leads by 7 percent - obviously has the bias question.

Races do not, as a norm, jump back and forth with 15% swings every month (Brown ahead 7% now Warren)

Somethings not kosher in the polling - inept, intent or worse.

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 01:18:19 PM PDT

•  We weren't talking about that (2+ / 0-)
            David Jarman, Anonyman

When I was drying my cup I was trying to do a good job, but I wasn't paying attention or was just so clumsy I should never touch cups, whatever, I ended up being a bad cup-dyer, but had no malice toward the cup.

The polls with bias have bias.
            The poll by Suffolk has no evidence of bias.  On the contrary, their history has some evidence of incompetence.

Don't wave your arms to include the incompetent with the malicious, even if they came up with the same number.  The reasons are different.

Mr. Gorbachev, establish an Electoral College!

by tommypaine on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 02:01:14 PM PDT

•  That is a presumption - not a state of facts. (0+ / 0-)

When you say "we" weren't talking about that

I always have been

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 03:36:39 PM PDT

•  No, you haven't (1+ / 0-)
                sapelcovits

That's why you were corrected.  You lumped all the polls together as having a deliberate GOP lean.  That was a mistake.

Two could clearly be accused of a deliberate GOP lean, while two clearly can not not.

Mr. Gorbachev, establish an Electoral College!

by tommypaine on Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 04:09:55 PM PDT