View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 3/21 (383 comments)

•  I know we disagree on this, but it can't (0+ / 0-)

be anything other then damaging to his future prospects. I'm mean we're talking about donors trusting him to win anything.

20, Dude, Chairman DKE Gay Caucus! (College IN-09) (Raised IL-03, IL-09) Tammy Baldwin and Elizabeth Warren for Senate!

by ndrwmls10 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 05:09:42 PM PDT

•  I guess I'm thinking of (0+ / 0-)

it as more of a zero-sum game. Even if it were a close loss, it was still a loss and a primary loss at that. Now he's at his 2nd primary loss, which was pretty much a blow-out. I wonder how many times I can say loss....

by ndrwmls10 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 05:26:37 PM PDT

•  He should run for state house (4+ / 0-)

Doesnt require a lot of money, and he is young. Build up a record there, win re-election a few times, and it will make him a strong candidate for higher office.

•  I don't think it damages him at all. (0+ / 0-)

He was going up against a former candidate (and therefore who had higher name recognition), not to mention an Assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs. And that isn't even bringing up the fact that she's a female Asian-American triple amputee. He was just overwhelmed.

He won't exactly have a lot of goodwill stored up, but I don't think it hurts him to lose to a good candidate.

24, Solid Liberal Democrat (-4.75, -4.51), DKE Gay Caucus Majority Leader, IN-02; Swingnut. Gregg for Governor! Donnelly for Senate! Mullen for Congress!

by HoosierD42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 09:09:14 PM PDT

•  Ehh, I don't think it'll have . . . (1+ / 0-)
      SLDemocrat

. . . much of an effect in the long run. Barack Obama lost a congressional race. So did GWB. Bill Clinton lost and then came back to win in the next cycle. It's almost a rite of passage in politics, so I hardy think Raja's future is clouded.

29, chick, Jewish, solid progressive, NY-14 currently, FL-22 native, went to school in IL-01. Mitt Romney: the Kama Sutra candidate. There's no position he hasn't tried!

by The Caped Composer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 09:26:28 PM PDT

•  I think everyone's missing my point. (0+ / 0-)

This is his 2nd primary loss. The 1st one could be brushed off easily. A 2nd will be much harder.

by ndrwmls10 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 09:30:05 PM PDT

•  His first loss was still (0+ / 0-)

very respectable. So whatever, nbd.

22, male, RI-01 (voting) IL-01 (college), hopeless Swingnut

by sapelcovits on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 09:33:33 PM PDT

•  His first primary loss (2+ / 0-)
          Christopher Walker, sapelcovits

Was against a state representative, who (without any research) I imagine had establishment (read: Madigan) support. And he lost by less than one point.

This primary was against a very well-known and demographically appealing candidate.

I don't know if anyone is faulting Raja for these two losses, but I personally think they shouldn't.

by HoosierD42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 11:52:54 PM PDT

• Recommended (129)
  • Community (61)
  • Memorial Day (31)
  • Culture (24)
  • Environment (22)
  • Law (20)
  • Science (20)
  • Rescued (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Labor (18)
  • Education (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Elections (17)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (16)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Economy (15)
  • Republicans (14)
  • Racism (14)
  • Ireland (14)
  • Josh Duggar (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site