View Diary: Marriage equality repeal defeated almost 2 to 1 in New Hampshire state house! (237 comments)

•  Move to a MA border town if you want to (9+ / 0-)

buy a house. The property taxes in NH are off the wall, and unless you're making like six figures, you won't pay much if anything in MA income taxes (if you rent in MA, you can write off a goodly part of your rent as if you owned, btw, I lived there for years as a renter). Live in MA, work in NH. Best of both worlds. You didn't hear me say that.

Santorum: Man on Dog; Romney: Dog on Car. Ren and Stimpy: Dog on Cat equalitymaine.org

by commonmass on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 03:31:27 PM PDT

•  i live in chelmsford now (2+ / 0-)
      commonmass, blueoasis

and love the rent credit
      I was commuting here from hartford

daily

ugh

(The above was probably snark, for the snark challenged) (The below was actually said by George W Bush in a press conference) I'm kind of stalling for time here...They told me what to say. George W Bush, 03-21-2006 10:00 EST Press Conference

by Tamifah on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 03:47:59 PM PDT

•  My great aunt Kay (she has got to be 90) (3+ / 0-)
        Tamifah, ms badger, blueoasis

still lives in Chelmsford. Back when my great grandmother was alive, (she died in 1986) she would take every Wednesday afternoon off and she and her sister Peggy would drive down 495 from Chelmsford to Bolton to visit their great Aunt. Every. Single. Week.

But yeah, I loved the rent credit, but when I got laid off and did not have access to UI (because I worked for an exempt non-profit) I moved to Maine. I couldn't afford the Mandate.

by commonmass on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 03:50:56 PM PDT

•  You realize, of course, there is no "l" (1+ / 0-)
        Tamifah

or "r"  in "Chelmsford".

It's "Chemsfud". LOL.

by commonmass on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 04:15:56 PM PDT

•  OMG what the hell is up with people in this state (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, killjoy

leaving out perfectly good letters out of words

"glau chester" VERY EASY.

WORCH ESTER. ALSO VERY EASY

::MADLL

by Tamifah on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 04:19:08 PM PDT

•  I write it as "Woostah" (2+ / 0-)
            Tamifah, commonmass

on the hockey forum I hang out on -- it's the home of our teams AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. :-)

The optimist sees the glass as half-full. The pessimist sees the glass as half-empty. The realist just knows she's thirsty.

by Cali Scribe on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 04:23:26 PM PDT

•  They beat the Portland Pirates lately and I (1+ / 0-)
              Tamifah

was at that game (second row, right by the Penalty Box) and they beat us and they played really dirty. I have never seen so much hooking in my life and there was a fight about 6 minutes into the first period, the first of THREE.

by commonmass on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 04:53:57 PM PDT

•  Glaustah. Wistah (if you're from the county (1+ / 0-)
            Tamifah

I was born in Wistah county) or Woostah if you're from Worcester.

Also: Dahchestah, Roxb'ry, "Jamaica Plains" (it's "Plain" but no one calls it that, plus it's normally just "JP"), Boylstn, Hahvid, Framingim, oh, I could go on and on, but one thing: Boston is pronounced "Boston" I don't care how they say it in the movies. If anything, "Bostin". NEVER "Baahston".

;)

by commonmass on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 04:52:35 PM PDT

•  Still makes more sense than (0+ / 0-)

"Cholmondeley" pronounced (naturally, so they say) as "Chumley".

sin and love and fear are just sounds that people who never sinned nor loved nor feared have for what they never had and cannot have until they forget the words

by harrije on Wed Mar 21, 2012 at 10:40:42 PM PDT

•  I believe MA healthcare is better too - (1+ / 0-)
      commonmass

at least for my clients it is as they typically only have part-time jobs or none at all. And this is coming from someone who likes NH as it is where I lived for the first 21 years of my life.