View Diary: In fast-tracking southern leg of Keystone XL, Obama again indicates that northern leg will be okayed (273 comments)

•  I've known what he believes for a long time now (14+ / 0-)

His going along w/ BP turning the Gulf into the world's largest chemical toilet told us everything we needed to know about what he would do here.  This deal was wired all along--the WH is just trying to make it look good.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not?

by RFK Lives on Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 04:58:59 PM PDT

•  Actually (8+ / 0-)

it was three weeks before that that we found out what he was all about with the energy industry.  The infamous speech about offshore drilling on the east coast and elsewhere.  And yes, the way the admin handled the BP blowout just confirmed it.

He is an oil and gas man.  And a Wall Street man.  Pretty amazing.  I imagine those Super PACs will fill up mighty fast when he delivers various things.  And after he finishes with a couple of months worth of the woe is me marketing messages about how he's not getting the big money.  The idea is for people to get the idea that the big money is not coming his way.... until it does.  And who will know any better?  It's not like we can force the Super PACs to disclose.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 05:05:05 PM PDT

•  It takes a substantial amount of mental (2+ / 0-)
        auapplemac, ultraviolet uk

disconnect to call the President who doubled CAFE standards and has done more to push vehicle electrification than any other an "oil and gas man".

Sheesh, any regular here knows that you just can't stand this President and agitate against him non-stop, but you could at least keep it fairly logical....

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - Mohammed Nabbous, R.I.P.

by Lawrence on Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 05:20:25 PM PDT

•  i see (6+ / 0-)

if somebody keeps taking 1 step forward and two steps backwards, then we are not allowed to point out that he's going backwards.

got it, thanks.

•  We have to live in today's world and not some (1+ / 0-)
            ultraviolet uk

wishful utopian future.

We have to do "all of the above." We need oil/gas now! We need to find other fuel sources for the future so that we will be able to depend less on fossil fuels.

But now we have cars, trucks, heating, etc that require fossil fuels. And we have to live with it. It's our NOW.

We can do both...accept what we need to do today while working on expanding our energy resources for the future.

Progressives will win when we convince a majority that they, too, are Progressive.

by auapplemac on Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 07:48:04 PM PDT

•  I'm getting (4+ / 0-)
          jeopardydd, dewley notid, RFK Lives, quill

pretty sick of this, Lawrence.  How many times have you swooped in to my diaries and comments and basically dismissed everything I have to say because you feel that I am a hater and therefore none of my opinions about the policies and decisions of this president are valid?

I'll answer that -- a lot of times.  A lot.

Just knock it off.  Argue the point being made. Stop it with the ad hominem. I've told you this before.  You don't like me or the things that I write.  This is clear.  I know this and it will not change a thing that I do. So why do you keep reminding me?

Follow kos' advice/directive and knock it off with the repeated comments to the same people reminding them that you don't like them, okay?  There are plenty of other people on this site for you to interact with.  So go do it.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 05:55:50 PM PDT

•  Eh, when you say something as nonsensical and (0+ / 0-)

illogical as "obama is an oil and gas man", then I'm going to point out just how silly that is every time I see it.

I don't dislike or like you, as I don't know you, but a virtual plethora of your comments here on DailyKos are some form of agitation against our Democratic President, often based on distortions or untruths.

I reserve the right to respond to that kind of stuff, especially when what you're saying is patently untrue.

If you don't like it, feel free to take it up with Kos and site admin.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - Mohammed Nabbous, R.I.P.

by Lawrence on Sat Mar 24, 2012 at 01:06:22 PM PDT