View Diary: How I'm Discussing Trayvon Martin With White Conservative Friends (37 comments)

•  What the lawmakers intended? (4+ / 0-)

These reactionary laws and proposed regulations are all fomented and distributed in a secretive manner by ALEC, the NRA, many other such juntas, and the huge numbers of hate filled people in them.
    Their neo-fascist lackeys in state governments merely obey their orders from above.  Such type promulgation is now regulary occurring in many state governments.  They are subvering the US Government to their will, state by state, one state at a time!
    Indeed, there are rats (Koch bros., Rove, etc.) in the pantry!

! The swinistic greed and racial hatred of the American ruling elite is abysmal !

by joe wobblie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 10:08:51 AM PDT

•  I stand by my assertion (3+ / 0-)

When you read the blogs over at Red State and the other right wing cesspools, it becomes clear that the people behind these criminal laws REALLY DID INTEND that white people, who are the only people they care about, be free to "defend" themselves (read shoot to kill, and kill, and kill) against any and all people who scare them -- meaning black people -- regardless of the circumstances.

They are a frightened little bunch of pathetically puffed up pseudo-macho racists with delusions of gender. They are so horribly afraid of anyone non-white they spend ridiculous amounts of time dreaming up scenarios that would allow them to vent their neurotic rage by shooting and killing black people. Go over to that midden of website run by Glen Beck (no link, just Google Beck Trayvon) and read about the assertion that when Trayvon was suspended from school for being late, it "might" have been because he was a thief, or a vandal, or a sexual batterer. We'll never know because the "authorities" have whitewashed the record to pretend that Trayvon wasn't a frighteningly deadly black ninja assassin out to slake his boundless lust for white women's blood and immortal souls! Or something like that.

Seriously, those people are clinically insane and they are running the governments of too many states, Florida included.

•  Bravissimo, Mon Capitan! (2+ / 0-)
        Ian Reifowitz, blueoasis

I've got yore six!

by joe wobblie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 01:10:48 PM PDT

•  Like I said, I hear you. (0+ / 0-)

Let's not argue about something we can't know with certainty. What's most important is that this law is a travesty and that the attitudes of people like Zimmerman are going to continue to get innocent people killed until they change.

My forthcoming book Obama's America: A Transformative Vision of Our National Identity will be published in Summer 2012 by Potomac Books.

by Ian Reifowitz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 01:14:58 PM PDT

•  What's UNCERTAIN about a maniac with a gun... (1+ / 0-)
            blueoasis

who's definitly ordered not to do something, but then goes and murders
            an innocent child, anyway?!?    BOO!
            Your defense of a murderous psychotic vigilante is pathetic...

by joe wobblie on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 07:39:35 AM PDT

•  Hide rated for personal insult (0+ / 0-)

I defy anyone else reading what I've written in this diary or any of these comments to characterize it as a "defense" of Zimmerman.

by Ian Reifowitz on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 08:26:56 AM PDT

•  I'll take it back (0+ / 0-)

I don't want to be too itchy with a hide rate. I stand by my reply above.

by Ian Reifowitz on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 08:33:05 AM PDT

•  Your prerogative, it matters not. (1+ / 0-)
                  blueoasis

Yet, you openly claim, "Zimmerman's lack of criminal intent"!
                  The typical remark of a mediocre Public Defender.  Please, go write your book!
                      Tch, tch, academics can be so wrought up with themselves...
                      PS: I like coffee with my doughnuts, black please.

by joe wobblie on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 12:05:59 PM PDT