View Diary: President Obama, Mitt Romney, and the path to 270 electoral votes (261 comments)

•  an elvis costello song? n/t (5+ / 0-)

There are moments when the body is as numinous as words, days that are the good flesh continuing. -- Robert Hass

by srkp23 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 08:35:19 PM PDT

•  the movie (4+ / 0-)
      srkp23, MikePhoenix, annieli, Dartagnan

was adapted from an even worse book, the title of which came from the great song.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 09:13:34 PM PDT

•  oh, I know all about it as (3+ / 0-)

I was unfortunately coming of age in the '80s and for some god forsaken reason Bret Easton Ellis was a "literary" darling. Puke! but I loves me some Elvis Costello!

by srkp23 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 09:18:00 PM PDT

•  oliver's army (2+ / 0-)
          srkp23, paytheline

is here to stay...

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 09:20:46 PM PDT

•  American Psycho… (0+ / 0-)

…is still one of my all-time favorite movies.

Harold, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

Teh stoopidTM, it hurts. Buy smart, union-printed, USA-made, signs, stickers, swag for everyone: DemSign.com. Get your We are the 99% Yard Sign.

by DemSign on Mon Mar 26, 2012 at 01:56:12 AM PDT

•  oh, and btw ... Hi, love! Nice to see you. (1+ / 0-)
        Laurence Lewis

I'm pretty scarce around the big orange these days or months or something. :D hope all is well with you!

by srkp23 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 09:19:24 PM PDT