View Diary: Smearing Trayvon Martin: The True Lie that Black Men Commit More Crime than Whites (278 comments)

•  Left out a couple of words (4+ / 0-)

Above should read:

"That argument is superficially correct in the sense that if your odds of being a white murdered by a Black are 1:7280 unique Black people, and you run into 15,000 unique Black people, or your odds of being a white victim of a Black murderer are 1:92,000 unique Black people, and you live somewhere where you actually encounter twice that number of unique Black people, you are twice as likely IF you are victimized AT ALL to have your murderer be Black."

If you don't stand for something, you will go for anything. Visit Maat's Feather

by shanikka on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 05:05:23 PM PDT

•  NO. I'm done with you. (1+ / 0-)
      WereBear Walker

You're not direct, or even blunt.  You're just offensive and rude.

But it is not correct to say that the more Black people you encounter the more likely you are to be murdered, which you seem to be suggesting.
      I have made no such suggestions and what you are doing has been clearly addressed by Kos in his recent purge.
      Done with you!

Koch Industries, Inc: Quilted Northern, Angel Soft, Brawny, Sparkle, Soft 'n Gentle, Mardi Gras, Vanity Fair, Dixie

by ChiTownDenny on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 05:18:05 PM PDT

•  This is Now (3+ / 0-)

The second diary where you've stormed off in a huff instead of actually reading carefully and, most critically, responded to what was said instead of what you thought was being said.  I wasn't even the person you huffed off about the last time - quite the opposite, you thanked me for engaging with you.

Guess that was a short-lived appreciation.  /shrug

by shanikka on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 05:36:52 PM PDT

•  P.S. (3+ / 0-)

I'm confident that if you make a complaint to Markos, he will be happy to evaluate my postings on their merits as it relates to the behavior that resulted in folks being "purged" from the site.

by shanikka on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 05:37:39 PM PDT

•  You really have a problem. (2+ / 0-)

Your comment thread is full of shit like this:

white liberals (those who claim to be our friends, mind you, unlike the "real racists")

by ChiTownDenny on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 05:45:22 PM PDT

•  I know a lot of black people (3+ / 0-)
            Larsstephens, Plantsmantx, luckydog

who agree. We all have a problem. lol

Racism is racism. White paternalism and privilege is not limited to the right.

Now report me. I'm rude.

"It's not enough to acknowledge privilege. You have to resist." -soothsayer

by GenXangster on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 09:07:56 PM PDT

•  You might call your actions rude. (0+ / 0-)

I would call them insignificant.  You see, there is an opportunity in this diary that you, and others, have squandered.  People on this site want to figure out what the facts are and then figure out how to address the facts.  Others are rude or boast of being rude.  They contribute nothing to the understanding of the facts.  And that makes you insignificant.  That also makes you culpable for the status quo.  Good job!

by ChiTownDenny on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 08:15:36 AM PDT

•  Uh-huh. lol (1+ / 0-)
                luckydog

You have contributed nothing to my understanding of what the fuck's wrong with you except for the white paternalism you display towards blacks in this thread. Good job!

"It's not enough to acknowledge privilege. You have to resist." -soothsayer

by GenXangster on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 08:18:15 AM PDT

•  We both have burdens to bear. (0+ / 0-)

Done.  EOM. See ya.

by ChiTownDenny on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 08:33:07 AM PDT

•  lol Uh-huh. People who (2+ / 0-)
                    luckydog, starfu

think "those like me" pick fights with "the wrong people" are usually not the people they think they are and it gives them a sad and sometimes a big old mad to hve it pointed out to them. Nobody likes to be told they're lacking in racial understanding and being offensively paternalistic when they think they're infallible liberals.

It'll be okay. Sometimes people learn the hard way.

"It's not enough to acknowledge privilege. You have to resist." -soothsayer

by GenXangster on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 08:55:37 AM PDT

•  what a burden (2+ / 0-)
                    starfu, SethRightmer

"Mine is living with white privilege in a downtown Chicago highrise with a doorman and a BMW in the garage. "

must be stressful!

•  Translation: (0+ / 0-)

"I just lost this fight that I picked in a very humiliating way so I'm going to rub your face in my privilege."

Holy crap. Just... wow.

•  Envy is one of the "Seven Deadly Sins". (0+ / 0-)

You can refer to me as one of The Jones'.  LOL.
                        Does the fact that I have worked to achieve a comfortable lifestyle make you uncomfortable?  That's your problem.  My problem is engaging in discourse with people who would dismiss my point of view, and even attack it, because they're unable to articulate and resort to attacks.  And yeah, I'm quite aware of the smack-down my comment represents.

by ChiTownDenny on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29:53 AM PDT

•  Projection (0+ / 0-)

You have not expressed yourself clearly. You have engaged in appeal to emotion. You have not presented facts. The folks you were responding to expressed themselves clearly and without undue emotional language.

Your point of view is simply your opinion, not inherently worthy of respect. As you do not present facts, but rely on emotion and attack, your opinions are not worthy of respect, period.

I have a comfortable lifestyle. I am not uncomfortable with your success, I am disgusted by how you represent your success and use it as a weapon to attack others. Your comment does not represent a smack down, but a disgusting stream of emotion laden, fact free verbal diarrhea.

•  How's that Cyndi Lauper lyric go? (0+ / 0-)

Something about seeing your true colors, shining through?

•  As a white guy let me just say (0+ / 0-)

Shut up please, you're making us look bad. I found Shanikka's logic, use of statistics and argumentation to be above reproach. I found your comments to be petty, fact-free and emotional. This is not about you and your hurt feelings. If you don't want to engage, then stop.

•  From one white guy to another, (0+ / 0-)

your race has no significance to me.  Your ignorance in thinking that it does, however, is significant.

by ChiTownDenny on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 11:58:31 AM PDT

•  You have not illustrated my ignorance (0+ / 0-)

You state opinions as if they were facts. You appeal to emotion. You are haughty and egotistical. You, sir, disgust me and I do not consider you part of any "reality based community" as you obviously live in a fantasy world constructed out of ego and privilege.

Good day, sir.

•  LOL! Rude? Where? (5+ / 0-)

Whatever. I'm probably being "rude" by wondering how the hell was shanikka being rude.

"It's not enough to acknowledge privilege. You have to resist." -soothsayer

by GenXangster on Thu Mar 29, 2012 at 09:05:35 PM PDT

•  Not giving a white guy's emotion due deference (0+ / 0-)

Oops, ChiTown is a white guy so what I really meant to say was "factual presentation of very facty facts" not "fact free emotional melt down."

I believe the only correct response would have been to prostrate yourself before this shining luminary of post racial analysis and admit his innate superiority and the correctness of his interpretations. Anything less is rude, don't you know your place? /snark

As if I needed any more examples of how racism is still prevalent in our country, even among so called liberals. Still, I'm white. I don't have it thrust in my face every day like you probably do, and when I see something like this it IS shocking.

Seriously, who says things like this:

We both have burdens to bear. Mine is living with white privilege in a downtown Chicago highrise with a doorman and a BMW in the garage.  Yours is living with the knowledge that young black males get shot and killed for being young black males and that you, and those like you, pick the wrong fights and with the wrong people.
          Done.  EOM. See ya.
          People like you. Picking fights with "the wrong people" (your betters.)

Holy fuck. I'm sorry. I am so sorry.