View Diary: What if Barack Obama weren't a leftist? (278 comments)

•  100 people evicted from a park? (1+ / 0-)
    NLinStPaul

That's the extent of the True Left?

No wonder you feel as if you have no representation. There's no one to speak with you.

•  I asked about your EXPERIENCE. (1+ / 0-)
      claude

I'm not interested in your sidelines jeering.

"I've seen the flame of hope among the hopeless/ And that was truly the biggest heartbreak of all" -- Bruce Cockburn

by Cassiodorus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 at 12:51:16 PM PDT

•  I supported Occupy (0+ / 0-)

I still do support Occupy.

They are single-handedly behind the pivot to jobs and the improvement in President Obama's poll numbers.

You see, any careful reading of history would confirm that President Obama is the most leftist President in History. More leftist than FDR. More leftist than LBJ. And I can argue those assertions very well.

But I also know that the Occupy crowd has a long way to go to achieve their version leftism.

Movements lead Presidents, Presidents don't lead movements.

•  This needs to be engraved on a monument somewhere (0+ / 0-)

… in Washington, D.C.

The Dutch kids' chorus Kinderen voor Kinderen wishes all the world's children freedom from hunger, ignorance, and war.

by lotlizard on Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 04:57:19 AM PDT

•  How about if we inscribe it (0+ / 0-)

on sheets of toilet paper?

That's what it's worth.

by Cassiodorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 11:21:40 AM PDT

•  As my diary suggests: (0+ / 0-)

Everyone in this era is a conservative, except those who actually have a future in mind which one can be progressive about.

by Cassiodorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 11:37:39 AM PDT

•  VP Joe Biden: Pres. Obama's job harder than FDR's. (1+ / 0-)
              Cassiodorus

I may not agree, but a lot of the folks who are working hardest for a Democratic victory in November seem convinced of the notion. It's almost as if people in different parallel universes share access to Daily Kos in common.

by lotlizard on Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 01:23:48 PM PDT

•  I'm sure he's working hard. (0+ / 0-)

Even Rubinism is a tough taskmaster.

by Cassiodorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 02:30:30 PM PDT