View Diary: The George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act (134 comments)

•  There is no such thing (13+ / 0-)

as the George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act and I will not engage with you if you childishly insist on referring to it so.
    Ricky.

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State ..."- Vermont Constitution Chapter 1, Article 16

by kestrel9000 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 at 11:34:50 AM PDT

•  My screen name is ehrenfeucht games. (0+ / 0-)
      Ricky.
      Please use my screen name when addressing me, not my real world name.

Thank you.

"If I can't dance, then I don't want to be in your revolution"--Emma Goldman

by ehrenfeucht games on Sun Apr 01, 2012 at 11:37:50 AM PDT

•  FYI (14+ / 0-)

I have banned Kestrel and hagagaga for outing. You guys think it's fucking funny. I take it seriously.

Also, everyone uprating these outings has been NR'd, permanently. Don't bother asking me to get those rating privileges back.

•  Can't keep them out. (5+ / 0-)

I'm just stating a fact, we've seen a user who was originally called ramdove come back approaching a dozen times now, acting like a suicide bomber who knows he'll always grow a new body. It definitely skews the attempts at dialogue to have the same person pop up and throw misinformation in skin after skin after skin.

The only reason that e games had a known first name was he told us in his original screen name - ricardomath. Just like I told everyone my real name is jay, and I live in pennsylvania. After that, there's been a lot of history between his other screen names - pigeon hole principle and banach tarski paradox off the top of my head but there are a few others. I don't have the time to dig them up and I don't take notes on this stuff.

It's a bummer that e games outed himself, his location and his occupation and then after changing his screen name he complains about the use of information that he himself gave out. It sorta feels like he was just being a more subtle version of ramdove's suicide bomber tactic.

I have to wonder just how they pull it off, the endless parade of new skins that end up looking like a crowd of separate people to us at DK.

Anyway, I've got to get off to work, bills don't pay themselves.

"I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool." - Republican Congressman Allen West (FL-22) Rawstory Source

by JayFromPA on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 03:48:16 AM PDT

•  Thank you. (nt) (3+ / 0-)
        poligirl, shaharazade, fcvaguy

"If I can't dance, then I don't want to be in your revolution"--Emma Goldman

by ehrenfeucht games on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 04:55:34 AM PDT

•  Three rules of the internets: (1+ / 0-)
          OMwordTHRUdaFOG

1) always use two proxy servers.  I heard Belorus is having a sale this week.

2) create an online persona which has nothing to do with yourself.  This would work for me:

Single African-American female, part-time TV actress, part-time biomedical engineer.  Former Olympic Wrestling champion.  Pootie owner.  Vegan.

3) reveal none of your history, education, experience, location, family structure, or employment that does not conform with item (2) above.

Any deviation from these three rules is an invitation to a hacker, or someone with goodly google skillz to find you.

kestrel9000 had the gonads to post who he is IRL, and would catch shit for it.

I recall: "Go spin a few oldies Eddie..."  - what I don't recall is the BANHAMMER falling on those who said so,
          nor his whining when information HE PROVIDED was used against him.

Like virginity, your information once defiled, can't be undone.   Kos ain't the tooth hymen fairy.
          That Lucy, is all the 'splainin' I'm gonna do.

A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything. ~ Malcolm X.

by 43north on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 06:04:39 AM PDT

•  NB: ehrenfeucht games now showing bojo. (2+ / 0-)
          LaughingPlanet, KenBee

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? . . . and respect the dignity of every human being.

by Wee Mama on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 08:00:18 AM PDT

•  Your sandbox, your rules (0+ / 0-)

However, when you ban a "stalker" who "outs" a sockpuppet who cries of "stalking" - you lose cred.    (Quannabos)

BanHammer

If you don't like naysaying?  I've gainful work to be done, as to date, I haven't received my DKos check.
        I do accept PayPal.

A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything. ~ Malcolm X.

by 43north on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 05:23:05 AM PDT

•  To be fair to kos, if he doesn't know the history (3+ / 0-)
          KVoimakas, Lost and Found, rockhound

of this user's alts, it could certainly look like an outing to him.

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit. -Declaration of Arbroath

by Robobagpiper on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 08:14:18 AM PDT

•  I agree (1+ / 0-)
            Robobagpiper

I don't think it's fair or reasonable for anyone to expect kos to get to the bottom of battles among loose factions that involve multiple incidents and stretch out across weeks or months. There have been meta wars recently that I have been completely unable to follow because they involved plausible but unproven allegations of sockpuppetry, or contraditory accounts of what had occurred in deleted diaries (e.g., The latest meta bullshit, and your single warning).

It is simply not possible for a fair observer to determine who is right or wrong in these types of situations. I don't always agree with the specific choices kos makes when he lays down the law, and this state of affairs does create excellent opportunities for persistent zombies and other rulebreakers to exploit. However, I think kos is being as fair and as evenhanded as is humanly possible.

•  I disagree. (5+ / 0-)

It's no secret that the RKBA group has some VERY persistent trolling happening to it.

The one person who acts like a suicide bomber, coming back in skin after skin after skin just to explode all over the RKBA diaries....

1 Ramdove
              12 Leftcoastghost
              13 Horse Traitor
              14 Falina
              15 Darthburger

WHAT THE FUCK!
              ...
              Show me ONE other group that suffers FIFTEEN separate instances of the same troll popping up and getting banned.

And KOS has no clue that people just keep shitting in our diaries over and over and over? He's got no idea that this is an ongoing issue, that we in the RKBA diaries are the perfect test case for him to see how his site security shits all over his rulings?

We aren't sure which skin Ramdove is going to wear next. There are suspicions, but nothing solid yet.

by JayFromPA on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 12:00:49 PM PDT

•  I agree that Ramdove is a significant problem (4+ / 0-)

and that kos has not been keeping his different incarnations off the site in a timely manner. The difficulty for kos is that to be reasonably sure that a specific new user is in fact Ramdove he would probably need to compare the new user's pattern of comments to patterns of comments made by previous incarnations of Ramdove. This is a lot of work for kos to do, and I'm sure you've noticed that Ramdove is becoming increasingly sophisticated in covering his tracks and working the system to his advantage.

I have some ideas for mounting a more effective defense against Ramdove in the future that I believe will get him off the site more quickly and limit his ability to bait legitimate users into getting banned along with him. I won't go into it here, but if you or any other established user is interested in hearing my plan, shoot me a kosmail and I'll include you on a message in a day or so.

•  If I could have a minute or two of your time: (7+ / 0-)

I'd like to fill you in on the history with e. games and the RKBA group.

E. games was originally ricardomath. He has had a few usernames of which I am aware:

ricardomath
        pigeonhole principle
        banach tarski paradox
        ehrenfeucht games

He was never banned and my understanding is that having multiple usernames isn't considered a bad thing unless you use them to play off/rec each other. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know he did go back to using his original user after he spent some time as the others. Not sure how kosher that is.

The Ricky thing started when I called him Richard one day (more offhand than anything if memory serves) based on his original username. Ricardo = Richard. He screamed bloody murder about me outing him.

Later on, he decided to change his username but still popped up in our community diaries. As a guess, since the writing style was so familiar, I asked him how he was. In various response to that link, he admits he is all of the above usernames. He also told us that he was a professor somewhere down in Iowa:

"Here" is the department of mathematics at... (1+ / 1-)
        ...Iowa State University, as pretty much everybody who has interacted with any of my usernames here at dKos knows full well
        I'm more than a little skeptical when it comes to this user since he's a self admitted liar.

When it comes to his actual interactions with the RKBA group, well, I'll point you to this diary in particular.

It's our home, asshole. (0+ / 0-)
        Third, I don't need permission.
        Buy your own fucking house, you arrogant prick.

illegal, n. A term used by descendents of European immigrants to refer to descendants of Indigenous Americans

by ricardomath on Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:40:16 PM CST

You don't need permission to bring a fucking... (0+ / 0-)
        ...gun into OUR home?
        I don't need to ask permission at all and I think you're just not getting that.
        Asshole!

by ricardomath on Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:01:38 PM CST

You are a fucking LIAR! (0+ / 2-)
        I don't advocate sneaking guns into peoples' homes and I've taken care of that point elsewhere.

by ricardomath on Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:03:22 PM CST

Then there were the comments where all he said where "no guns in town halls" in multiple diaries in response to my comments. He was actually told to stop by more than a few people.

link

link

link

link

I could keep going, but here's an example of the spamming:

I'm also curious as to how we out somebody who has already outed himself. I linked a few items above but when you post a picture of yourself, wouldn't that be OUTING yourself?

I knowI outed myself while I was at Netroots Nation last year with that link. I had pictures of myself. Just in case you don't want to click through, this is me:

I could continue this with examples from each of these users. I just figured you should know.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 07:09:55 AM PDT

•  Damn you're one scary lookin' dude. (1+ / 0-)
          OMwordTHRUdaFOG

Oh, wait... that's you on the right, in the blue golf shirt.

There is another explanation.

A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything. ~ Malcolm X.

by 43north on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 07:46:56 AM PDT

•  If you guys (8+ / 0-)

have problems with a user, you let me know.

It is kosher to create new accounts as long as the old ones are abandoned. Temporarily going back to an old account is not kosher, and would've been something to bring to my attention.

It is NOT ALLOWED to drag in personal identifying information into these threads unless authorized by a user. So the guy gave his first name, then he mentioned where he teaches, so you guys think it's okay to go hunt down his last name?

IT IS NOT.

Finally, when I retook moderation duties, I declared a clean slate. I didn't want to hear about shit that happened two years ago, and I still don't.

•  Put succinctly, the "outed" information is (5+ / 0-)

reference to a publicly visible screen name of one of the alts used to harass these diaries - not this user's personal name in real life. If the personal name used as part of a screen name has any relationship to this user's real name, would that not be on the user?

I do not say this with the intent to defend the continued use of the name as a taunt (since it clearly irritates said user), especially after this user has largely abandoned the alt from which it derives, but am speaking only to the question of whether or not it's outing.

I do hope you take this into consideration, kos.

by Robobagpiper on Mon Apr 02, 2012 at 07:42:54 AM PDT

•  unbefuckingleivable! (0+ / 0-)

I just stumbled back to this diary, another kos moderation fail.

Months of these repeating sockpuppet assholes and kos says just tell him? wtf?

and RKBA is about the only group here going after a specific slur that has been used to great affect amongst the multitude of basicly not much info voters.

And this is the thanks that effort gets?

so long Kestrel, I didn't rec the comment and almost came back to nag you about it like I did hagahaga who at least apologized for his later several times.
          I hope you have several socks ready to go, cause that's the New Deal.

Give it up kos, hire the job out.

You have better things to do.

I fact, this is one of those sucky jobs that you shouldn't be doing if you aren't going to invest the time time to do it right...right being the non arbitrary first spit take reaction apparently.

At least you are as consistent as the time you NR'd me and 50 others and banned two people for a comment that was recced and hr'd, you crapped on the reccers, I had recced it when there was one fucked up hr on it...

It could have as easily been you crapping on the HRing people just as capriciously, also wrong.

Give it up.

From those who live like leeches on the people's lives, We must take back our land again, America!...Langston Hughes

by KenBee on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 12:54:48 AM PDT

• GOP (21)
  • Spam (21)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Education (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Labor (20)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Law (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site