View Diary: Romney Broke Black Letter Law. Election Bribery. Read for yourself. (303 comments)

•  Why not do both? The more rattled he and (5+ / 0-)

his campaign are the better.  His team seems to have trouble keeping their client on message, and they should have really kept him from doing this ... Why not allow a court with a jury decide the situation?

Plutocracy (noun) Greek ploutokratia, from ploutos wealth; 1) government by the wealthy; 2) 21st c. U.S.A.; 3) 22nd c. The World

by bkamr on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 03:43:57 PM PDT

•  I think most non-political people (6+ / 0-)

will view this as silly.  I don't really see it as bribery either.  Only the most partisan folks will have an issue with this.

Veritas Omnia Vincit

by The Nephew on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 03:47:36 PM PDT

•  But not in WI, and there are hardly any people (1+ / 0-)
        ardyess

in the state who have been politicized at this point.  If it could help take down Ryan ... that would be worth at least paying attention to it.

Besides that, how often have we seen the other side react to our just taking it or doing nothing as a green flag to push things even further?

by bkamr on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 03:54:18 PM PDT

•  We don't need to stoop to their level. (1+ / 0-)
          VClib

I don't see any bribery at all here, and I think it's quite a reach.  I see two separate thoughts that were back to back.  I do not see bribery.

If Democrats want to pursue this fine, but I don't think it scores any points for us at all.

Veritas Omnia Vincit

by The Nephew on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 03:58:06 PM PDT

•  Not on the national level (3+ / 0-)
            bkamr, My Name Isnt Earl, ardyess

But on the state level, it might hurt Ryan.

The problem with going with your gut as opposed to your head is that the former is so often full of shit. - Randy Chestnut

by lotusmaglite on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 04:55:23 PM PDT

•  I understand that you might not, but it is the (3+ / 0-)

election law from another state.  The people of WI do have this law, and establishing election laws is a state right.  It isn't "stooping to their level" to expect those running for office to follow state election laws.

"Stooping to their level" would be spreading false stories about Mitt Romney not having a legitimate right to run for the Presidency since his father wasn't born in this country ...

Born     George Wilcken Romney
            July 8, 1907
            Colonia Dublán, Galeana, Chihuahua, Mexico

by bkamr on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 05:00:25 PM PDT

•  Taking down Ryan (2+ / 0-)
          bkamr, ardyess

...is my main interest in this. This won't hurt Romney, but if it can besmirch Ryan with the "independents", I'm all for making this as big as it can get.

How we do that, I don't know. My mini-contactathon has already happened; now I'm looking to see if anyone has any big ideas.

by lotusmaglite on Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 04:54:18 PM PDT

•  People in Wisconsin take this type of issue (2+ / 0-)
        ardyess, rosarugosa

very seriously. Very seriously. I've no doubt Romney will get a pass, he can claim ignorance and nothing will be done. But Paul Ryan knows better, even the Morning joke acknowledges that.