View Diary: If you see a more racist column in 2012, I will eat a bowl of what my dogs do in the yard. (307 comments)

•  Yup. Because Charlene (the Hon) (1+ / 0-)
    gchaucer2

is a friend of mine, I got a front row seat for the whole "Hon" fiasco.  It was a shame, really; Cafe Hon really did a lot at the beginning to celebrate "Bawlamer", but the owner's greed (and assholishness) led to some unfortunate decisions.

And yes re: O'Shea's, though I haven't been there in a long time.  Used to love going to see the Spalpeens at McGinn's.

And if you want an autographed copy of the book, I can arrange that.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 07:59:01 PM PDT

•  I'll be in touch with you (1+ / 0-)
      rb608

first re: the book -- I'd love an autographed copy.  I brought friends to Cafe Hon several years ago and we all loved it -- hopefully it is on the rebound -- that was a very bad interim, I must say.

Are you totally out of Maryland or just B'more?

Vi er alle norske " My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 08:11:24 PM PDT

•  Just out of Baltimore. (1+ / 0-)
        gchaucer2

Still within about 45 min. from downtown in Harford County.  (Alas, MD-01, Andy Harris' district.)

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 08:19:03 PM PDT

•  I'd love to get together (1+ / 0-)
          rb608

my next time in town.  I could meet you half way if that is more convenient.

We have a Hartford County here in CT (Hartford being the capitol and all).  Always reminds me of my trips south in my '85 Tercel.

Thanks for a very fun evening of Baltimore memories.  Will look for you here on the Koserwebs.  Have a wonderful weekend.

by gchaucer2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 08:21:43 PM PDT

•  Harford/Hartford - close enough. (1+ / 0-)
            gchaucer2

We'll be blowing thru Hartford on the way to ME sometime over the summer.  But definitely, if you're coming to town, give me a shout.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 08:31:56 PM PDT

•  Oh wow; I just registered the (1+ / 0-)
            gchaucer2

'85 Tercel mention.  I had an '82 Tercel.  Most fun and most reliable car I ever owned.  It met an unfortunate and premature end in a collision with a deer.  Broke my heart.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 08:49:03 PM PDT

•  My prior car (1+ / 0-)
              rb608

was a '79 Corolla (standard -- like the Tercel and manual choke).  It got taken out by an 18 wheeler on I-95.  I spun around across 3 lanes and never had any bodily injury -- eggs in the back of the car which didn't break.  It was totalled because of the frame.  I loved that car -- 95k

The Tercel got over 210k when my mechanic advised retirement (wish I hadn't listened) because it had the original clutch and only one change of brake pads.  I loved that car.  Never washed it so it never rusted.

Hope you weren't injured in the deer accident -- I can guess about the deer -- but we are talking about a Tercel.

by gchaucer2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 at 09:12:50 PM PDT