View Diary: Happy Birthday John Holt – “Patron Saint” of Unschooling (93 comments)

•  I would love to read (3+ / 0-)
    pixxer, jcrit, angelajean

an A2 diary of that era. I was there '70 - '72. There oughta be a book.....

Please read and enjoy my novella, Tulum, available in soft cover and eBook formats.

by davidseth on Sat Apr 14, 2012 at 08:14:03 AM PDT

•  We left in early '71. Do you remember "Drug Help" (3+ / 0-)
      davidseth, jcrit, angelajean

and Ozone House? Mr pixxer and I helped make those happen. I really should diary a lot of stuff :)

Oh cool, a superscript! OK, gotta figure that one out!

"Maybe this is how empires die - their citizens just don't deserve to be world leaders anymore." -Kossack Puddytat, In a Comment 18 Sept 2011

by pixxer on Sat Apr 14, 2012 at 08:24:06 AM PDT

•  Yes. (3+ / 0-)
        pixxer, jcrit, angelajean

I was just now thinking about a vegetarian restaurant that was in a church basement near campus. Cannot remember its name. And when I do that it brings back a flood of places and people I haven't seen in ages.

You make a superscript by using sup as the code inside the less than/greater than markers.

by davidseth on Sat Apr 14, 2012 at 08:27:03 AM PDT

•  Do you remember time period or cross streets? (2+ / 0-)
          pixxer, angelajean

Was it "Seva"?  I know Ann Arbor pretty well from say 1965 thru 1978 when I moved to Los Angeles.

Cooper Zale Los Angeles http://www.leftyparent.com

by leftyparent on Sat Apr 14, 2012 at 09:19:34 AM PDT

•  I think I remember the one. (1+ / 0-)
          pixxer

I don't remember its name either.  It was on either East U or South U near the business school, as I recall, and near the original Domino's Pizza.  This was some time between 1973 and 1975.  The restaurant I'm thinking of offered seasonings in shakers that included bits of seaweed and sesame seeds rather than salt and pepper -- the first time I'd ever seen that.  I found that odd but I liked it.

Anyway, I wanted to thank leftyparent for a great diary about a guy who was a special hero to me in those years.

•  There was a "Dominick's" restaurant in that... (1+ / 0-)
            pixxer

neighborhood by the business and law school.  South U always had a bunch of restaurants (Brown Jub, Bicycle Jim's, etc) but I don't remember a vegetarian one.

Cooper Zale Los Angeles http://www.leftyparent.com

by leftyparent on Sat Apr 14, 2012 at 01:48:51 PM PDT

•  I have written a lot of pieces about A2... (2+ / 0-)
      pixxer, angelajean

particularly from my own point of view as a youth and young adult growing up there until age 23 when I moved to Los Angeles.  If you are interested I will send you some links to pieces I've written on my blog or you can go to it (www.leftyparent.com) and maybe search on "Ann Arbor".

Cooper Zale Los Angeles http://www.leftyparent.com