View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Is Democratic Rep. Pete Stark losing it? (152 comments)

•  Here's a general question (2+ / 0-)
    WisJohn, Matt Z

Are there any candidates you truly regret supporting? Like you didn't just think, "Okay. You're a Democrat, go for it." I mean, you were a fan of these guys, admired their tough campaigns, shilled for them, maybe even made donations.

For me I have the awful and unremovable stain of Eric Massa and John Edwards on my hands.

"Once, many, many years ago I thought I was wrong. Of course it turned out I had been right all along. But I was wrong to have thought I was wrong." -John Foster Dulles

by ArkDem14 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:22:45 AM PDT

•  I voted for Cicilline in the 2010 primary (0+ / 0-)

I may have even thrown $5 his way (which I don't remember doing, but I got on his e-mail list somehow). Does that count?

22, male, RI-01 (voting) IL-01 (college), moving to Japan in July, hopeless Swingnut

by sapelcovits on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:26:28 AM PDT

•  Does it leave the embarrassment of (1+ / 0-)
        geoneb

send 15 dollars for Massa and frequently promoting him?

by ArkDem14 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:36:19 AM PDT

•  Canvassed for him in the general... (0+ / 0-)

I didn't vote for Cicilline in the primary in 2010, but I did canvass for him when it started to look like he could actually lose. It was really just for partisan reasons, though - I actually kind of hope that he drops out and a progressive alternative emerges.

I don't have particularly strong opinions on what was and wasn't his fault re: Providence's finances, but he's taken a lot of hits either way, and losing RI-01 would just be embarrassing for the Dems.

•  Who are you voting for this time around? (0+ / 0-)

I'm really not happy with the choices. I'm probably leaning slightly towards Gemma, but he kinda seems like a dick.

by sapelcovits on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 11:12:19 AM PDT

•  Not sure yet (0+ / 0-)

Gemma seems like he may be a fairly conservative Democrat, so I'm not crazy about him either, but I might still vote for him over Cicilline if I had to make up my mind right now. I'm just not sure if Cicilline can recover at this point. Like I said, my preferred scenario would probably be Cicilline dropping out and another progressive candidate deciding to run.

•  My preferred scenario would be that too (0+ / 0-)

but it's exceedingly unlikely.

I contacted Gemma on his website recently with a question about DOMA and still waiting on a response. Despite that, I'm still leaning towards him because the more I think about possibly being represented by Brendan Doherty, the more I want to puke.

by sapelcovits on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 09:45:03 PM PDT

•  I may have voted for Republican JB Van Hollen (1+ / 0-)
      ArkDem14

in for Attorney General 2010 in WI. I didn't like the Democrat that was running, and I didn't think the Van Hollen would be such a partisan. Plus my county's Democratic District Attorney endorsed JB.
      Not going to make that mistake again. It makes me sad when I think of what I did.

Farm boy who hit the city to go to college, WI-03 (home, voting), WI-02 (college), -7.88, -4.26, 6/5/2012- the day the great error of Wisconsin history will be corrected!

by WisJohn on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:40:45 AM PDT

•  I sent a little money (0+ / 0-)

to Steve Pozner in California when he was running against Cruz Bustamante, who took something like 60% of his contributions from the Insurance industry and whom I found to be a self-serving office hopping creep and a pathetic Democrat. However, Pozner was running then as a fairly liberal, reformist Republican, so I didn't feel I was supporting someone who would go teabagger against Whitman.

That might be the only Republican I think of that I've actually supported for something, though I haven't had many opportunities to do so in voting.

by ArkDem14 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:45:31 AM PDT

•  You Beat Me To The Punch.... (3+ / 0-)
      bear83, ArkDem14, Matt Z

John Edwards

•  Yes on the local LI level (1+ / 0-)
      ArkDem14

State Senator Brian Foley who I held open houses for twice but made the still inexplicable decision to hit LI with an MTA payroll tax. We may never get this seat back in my lifetime.

•  Kwame Brown -- DC Council (1+ / 0-)
      ArkDem14

Fully loaded flame out. At least chances are good he won't be the chairman after 2014.

•  Most regretted vote: (0+ / 0-)

Hayakawa for Senate, 1976

He managed to wake up only for the roll call votes for the Republican line.

"During a 1978 Senate debate over a pair of treaties to transfer possession of the Panama Canal and Canal Zone from the United States to Panama, Hayakawa said, "We should keep the Panama Canal. After all, we stole it fair and square"

•  Not yet. (0+ / 0-)

24, Practical Progressive Democrat (-4.75, -4.51), DKE Gay Caucus Majority Leader, IN-02; Swingnut. Gregg for Governor! Donnelly for Senate! Mullen for Congress!

by HoosierD42 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 12:52:23 AM PDT