View Diary: Bundle or Nothing: Big Telecoms ENDING Universal Phone Service (306 comments)

•  no need for knees or for... (2+ / 0-)
    zaka1, ladyjames

... asking forgiveness, the point is we need to face these things with the will to fight and the will to win.  "99%" means something.

"Minus two votes for the Democrat" equals "plus one vote for the Republican." Arithmetic doesn't care about your feelings.

by G2geek on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 02:47:53 PM PDT

•  I know, (2+ / 0-)
      G2geek, ladyjames

I'm a little battle fatigued lately, been dealing with a Neo Nazis/KKK/Gun Freak in my building that has been harassing the minorities and Jewish people in my building and threatening me.  So, I been a little more negative than usual lately and my fight response has worn a little thin.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolution­ary act. " George Orwell

by zaka1 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 03:06:33 PM PDT

•  oh yes, I remember that one. (2+ / 0-)
        ladyjames, zaka1

I read your diary about that guy.

If he's threatening you, file a police report, and then get him thrown out of the building.  It helps to be carrying a concealed recorder any time you go in or out, just in case you run into him.  Digital audio recorders are available disguised as pens and suchlike that you can carry in your pocket inconspicuously.  Turn it on before you enter your street, and don't turn it off until you're safe inside.  Same case when going out: turn it on before leaving, turn it off when you exit your street.

Then be sure to be very polite to everyone you run into, because if you run into the guy and he makes a threat, you've got the evidence.

Here's to hoping you can make him go away pronto.

by G2geek on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 06:02:14 PM PDT

•  I wish I could (1+ / 0-)
          G2geek

but, we are one of five states that doesn't have a hate crime law and he can basically cussed me out and call me a dirty Jew and spit on my car and it is all perfectly legal in my Red state.  I have filed three police reports on the guy, but they say they can't do anything until he actually harms me.

I've been getting help from the ADL and the Jewish Federation and they are working with the lame ass HOA Board we have here.  This went on and on including having the N word and Nazis/KKK propaganda left in our elevator.  He is a homeowner and so they can't kick him out.

I've been taking pictures of his car and everything he does and have sent them to the ADL, the HOA, and the Jewish Federation.  I carry the camera with me all the time and a picture is worth a thousand words.  It has been a little quieter except the other night I was outside and he saw me out on my balcony and he stopped his car and shouted something nasty.  I can't get an Order of Protection because there has not been a relationship between us, so I'm going to see about a restraining order.  The guy is just a dirt bag of hate.

by zaka1 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 08:19:28 PM PDT

•  eeyow. he's probably a ticking bomb too. (1+ / 0-)
            zaka1

What you're describing is pathological hate, which very often is the visible sign of someone who is a ticking bomb waiting to go off.

Good for you carrying the camera.  Probably best to avoid the guy and also if I were you I'd install an inexpensive but effective front door camera to an indoor video monitor, so you can avoid answering the door if he comes knocking.

The risk here is that he could end up exploding and killing someone.  Good to hear you've been documenting everything all along the way: if nothing else that puts him on notice that if he tries anything physical, he is not going to get away with it.

by G2geek on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 09:18:16 PM PDT

•  Prior to becoming (1+ / 0-)
              G2geek

disabled I was a clinical social worker and trust me I know this guy is definitely a ticking time bomb and he hates me even more because I've been the one who has stood up to him.  Sometimes I really question why the hell I do these kind of things, it only makes it harder on me, but since I was a kid and bullied I just don't take shit anymore.

If anyone gets hurt it will be me because he is totally focused on me now, not the board so much.  I've alter my schedule so as to not get caught in the garage when there are less people going in and out.  But, the part of the problem is he has access to walk right up to my door since we are one big building and I live alone.

One of the board members has mentioned that we need to put security cameras in the garage, but it may be a while before that takes place.  And there is another jerk guy in my building who thinks I'm picking on this guy.  Yeah, poor stupid grown man who is a bigot with guns is getting picked on by a small disabled girl.  Give me a break.  I also contacted the local FBI about this guy.

I finally had with him after he cussed me out in the garage and acted like he was coughing up a hocker to spit me, I saw him standing outside a couple of days later and I said from my car I'm not afraid of you asshole.  But, honestly I am.  Part of the reason I'm disabled is because I was attacked by a psychotic patient in the ER where I worked which triggered off a birth defect in brain.  I've already had six neurosurgeries it wouldn't take much to finished me off.  But all of this has really effected me.

by zaka1 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 09:50:30 PM PDT

•  If i was disabled and dealing with... (1+ / 0-)
                zaka1

... a hater like that at close range, I would get a handgun and a concealed carry permit, take the safety courses, and spend a couple of hours a weekend at a shooting range until all the procedures for using it were in muscle-memory.

And then I would just go about my business, safe in the knowledge that if that bastard tried to harm me, I could hold him off long enough to call the cops, or if need be, shoot him in self-defense.

by G2geek on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 10:01:45 PM PDT

•  I know a lot (1+ / 0-)
                  G2geek

of people who are comfortable with that idea, but I hate guns and refuse to have one even in my house.  Plus, I know myself well enough to know that I would struggle with shooting anyone and would probably end up accidentally shoot myself instead.  My nervous system is shot partly due to all of my surgeries since they have been been on the hind brain, brain stem, and spinal cord in my neck.  I was strangled during the attack in the ER, thank G-d I was knock unconsciousness in the attack.  My skull is basically held together with titanium, about 20 surgical screws and a vp shunt and my nervous system can't absorb shocks or fear very well anymore, I go into tremors and can even hold my balance.  Trust me, I would be a mess if he attacked me and I don't have the coordination especially if afraid to handle a gun.

I hate feeling vulnerable, but I know after being attacked in the ER we do react the same way actors do on TV and in movies.  There is a totally differently human reaction that is never accurately betrayed in movies or TV, first your stung, then you crap your pants, and then you look for a way to escape.  Never have seen that in movies.

by zaka1 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 10:28:15 PM PDT

•  in which case you may have legal ground for.... (1+ / 0-)
                    zaka1

.... a restraining order against this guy.

Basically because his verbal assaults on you are aggravating to your medical condition, which raises them from the level of mere harassment to an actual assault that causes measurable physical risk to your health.

And you may also have grounds for some kind of Disability Act civil lawsuit against the HOA.

Seriously: talk to a disability rights lawyer, ASAP.

by G2geek on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 12:04:13 AM PDT

•  Thanks for this information (0+ / 0-)

it is really helpful and very kind on your part.  I don't want to sue the HOA because I'm an owner and I think it would be the same as suing myself.  Plus there are a lot elderly and other good people here and I don't want to hurt them.  Although, the HOA has been warned of legal action if this owner's behavior isn't contained.

As far as the restraining order I will check that out.  I was going to called the Prosecutor's Office and find out if I could file for a restraining order, just to be on the safe side.  That way if he violates the restraining order he is in trouble and it kind of fills in for the lack of a hate crime law.  Again, thanks for taking time out to talk with me, I really appreciate it.  Take care of yourself.

by zaka1 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 01:20:08 AM PDT