View Diary: WI-Gov: Scott Walker takes leads, but sits right at the 50% mark (275 comments)

•  Sorry I disagree (4+ / 0-)

Elections have consequences and if the great state of Wisconsin chooses to keep this jerk, the state made it's bed.

Living in Texas I could feel your pain but knowing what they know of Walker and to keep him is the voters fault. If they choose to listen to slick ads and not pay attention to what is happening, that is their idiocy and not some outside interests fault.

•  I lived in Texas for a while tommy2tone and it WAS (1+ / 0-)
      COBALT1928

VERY PAINFUL, like you said.

"Undermining Americans' belief in their own institutions of self-government remains a prime GOP electoral strategy." — Mike Lofgren

by churchlady on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 11:40:02 AM PDT

•  The state is great.. (1+ / 0-)
        rcnewton

It's the fucking idiots who vote who that make the state so insufferable.

•  You call your fellow neighbors... (0+ / 0-)
          Fucking Idiots?
          No acknowledgment that maybe they are not quite as quick in wit as you?

You must be perpetually pissed off; and that sort of regenerate energy is quite malefic for all who come in contact with it; or emanate it, which I am sure is not your intent, as well as the salient fact that the byproduct is a benefic for the asshats of manipulation; for sure-

:♥)

Evidence that contradicts the ruling belief system is held to extraordinary standards, while evidence that entrenches it is uncritically accepted. -Carl Sagan

by RF on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 06:37:02 AM PDT

•  Maybe he just means that in terms of voting. (2+ / 0-)
            RF, Tiger in BlueDenver

I wouldn't use that terminology, but I know when my aunt told me that high speed rail was a good idea, but not "this train", meaning the Obama stimulus 800 million dollar high speed rail link between Madison and Milwaukee, my mouth fell open and I just sat there. I truly didn't understand what she was talking about. I would never call my aunt names, but I do think she is becoming vulnerable as she ages to right wing lies.

•  So I take it you don't think she is a (0+ / 0-)
              Fucking Idiot(s)?
              You believe something else is in play that is causing her irrational viewpoints...

Anyone who views or consumes American mass media is vulnerable to irrational viewpoints by definition-

Cut that cord and their prescriptions used to handle being in their own skin, and better action and activities will result-  This is one of the very few benefits of the recent financial collapse;  life choices are made that stop funding and indirectly investing in faux et al-

by RF on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 07:57:43 AM PDT

•  Most citizens pay NO to LITTLE attention to (5+ / 0-)

politics.  Most don't read DK.

I've been walking precincts for an ethical, independent,  progressive, Democratic candidate (Norman Solomon) in what is a very progressive, educated, congressional district:   Mind you our vote by mail ballots arrive in a couple of weeks...so we are getting down to at least one wire...the primary itself will be June 5.

AND....I would say that 1 out of 25 people I speak with when I'm going door to door can't even name one candidate who is running for congress this time around...and we have 12 people running.  ( Lynn Woolsey, who held the seat for a looonngg time, is not running again, so we have a plethora of hopefuls but really only 2-3 with a good campaign and a chance to win)

It's a big eye opener as to how we got where we are so don't knock WI.   And to think that before I was retired with more time on my hands and before I found DK, I was one of these Democratic voting, civil rights advocate, well meaning, but ignorant citizens.

"I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." Richard Feynman

by leema on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 11:44:22 AM PDT

•  The problem is not voting (3+ / 0-)

it is the wrong people voting. I read where only 2% of the tea party realizes that their taxes went down during Obama's years in office.

This is what happens when people watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh for their information.

•  This points to a lack of information... (1+ / 0-)
          Tiger in BlueDenver

which is vital for any democracy.   A major cause of that is the propaganda machine: Fox News and other coporate media.

by leema on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 05:39:31 PM PDT

•  No (1+ / 0-)
          RF

This is what happens when people read their local newspapers, or the New York Times, or the USA Today, or watch CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC...

The horseshit lies and lazy reporting don't belong just to the right wing media outlets. This is part of the problem: people think they're getting the news, getting the information, but they aren't. How many times a day around here do we see how wrong the mainstream media gets it?

They're badly informed, and that's by design. And expecting them to magically know when to ignore the "legitimate" news anchor and go digging online is just an exercise in futility. People still trust the news. Not FOX, not Rush, but the "actual" news, and the actual news is crap.

I know this. You should, too. But how the hell are they supposed to know? They're bombarded 24/7 with the message that all the talk about right wing propaganda and corporate takeover of the media is crazy conspiracy talk.

Do we dump on the people who were fooled by blue dogs and so-called "centrists" into thinking we'd elected a majority in the Senate? Those people are all around you right now. But the President's #1 enemy so far has been his own party, and a lot of people are feeling cheated. Is it their fault? Should they have known they were being lied to by the people they thought they could trust?

This is a bad road to turn down.

The problem with going with your gut as opposed to your head is that the former is so often full of shit. - Randy Chestnut

by lotusmaglite on Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 08:26:33 PM PDT

•  Eight Word Phrase- (0+ / 0-)
            This is a bad road to turn down.
            Nice beam of LotusMagLite for sure-

by RF on Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 06:39:35 AM PDT

•  Ignorance- (3+ / 0-)

The ignorance inherent in your comment regarding the power of media and money, regardless of truth in reality, is astounding...

You feed the exact intent of the Koch Bros type(S) which is to pit folks emotionally against each other, because anything less results in their easy defeat, and more importantly provides no 1% food-

I do not blame you directly for the executions in Texas; or the toxic waste you spew daily, as the wind and stream move east to west; nevermind your citizens allowed a world renowned New England frat boy c student coward to steal and hold your State's persona, which now is largely non-Grata---  Still; no blame of you or those in your state, because to do so would only feed the beast-

Please take some valuable time to empty out your thoughts, gain some awareness of their source, and once clear, reconsider and remove the ignorance in your fixed position-

Viva Wisconsin!