View Diary: Sen. Wyden Sounds The Alarm on Fukushima (291 comments)

•  You still don't get the concept of (0+ / 0-)

putting your money where your mouth is . Or you pretend to not understand .
    It's not a no or a yes . I never took the position you wish I had , so I feel no need to bet on a position I never took .

Do you see how your bet does not relate ?
    Or do you think that you need more help to understand ?

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 08:46:19 AM PDT

•  Ahem ... (0+ / 0-)

Your exact words were:

If this plant is up and on line , 5 years or less from now , today , you get all the money . If this plant takes 10 years or more to go on line , I get all the money . If it goes on line between 5 and 10 years from today , sliding scale payout . IE , if it goes on line in 5 years and one day you get nearly every dollar , if it goes online just one day under 10 years , I get nearly every dollar . If the thing goes online exactly spot on right between 5 and 10 years , we split the money .
      Are you still claiming that a new nuclear plant will take 7 years to go online? That is what you claimed, after all.

All I claimed is that it won't take 10 years. It would take 5 years of construction if this wasn't a FOAK project.

Take the bet, coward. Or do you prefer to admit that the Vogtle reactors will be online by 2022? That is, it doesn't take 10 years to build a nuclear reactor and you were wrong to childishly hide rate a comment of mine that was accurate.

No, I expect you to dodge yet again. Dance for me please, coward.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      -- Albert Einstein

by bryfry on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 09:24:43 AM PDT

•  Ok , you can't tell one plant from another ? (0+ / 0-)
        if this plant
        And if you look you will see it was not my claim .
        I asked you to back up your claim with cash .
        He said 10 and you said 5 .
        You were asked to back up your words .
        You failed .

Do try to keep a civil tongue in your mouth .
        Your abusive act has got to come to an end .
        Its immature and wrong .

"coward" ?
        You failed to take my bet , you failed to put your money where your mouth was . Are you sure you want to go with the "coward" insult ?
        Are you not sticking your finger in your own eye with that insult ?

The comment of yours was hide rated for "that's crap" .
        It was and is completely unnecessary to attack other site users as you do .  You earn your hide rates yourself . Cut out the attacks and insults and you will get far far less hide rates , its really that simple .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 10:32:54 AM PDT

•  You dance nicely (0+ / 0-)

Still won't take the bet, will you, coward.

-- Albert Einstein

by bryfry on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 10:38:40 AM PDT

•  So you think you should be free to insult ? (0+ / 0-)

You think the rules don't apply to you still ?
            Your position is so weak that you can't do anything better than resort to insults ?
            How said for you that you can't do better .

I'll bet you that you can not and will not clean up your act .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 10:50:22 AM PDT

•  Apparently, my position is so "weak" (0+ / 0-)

that you will not bet against it.

You're the one who keeps bringing up this shit, not me.

Personally, I'd prefer if you'd just get a life and leave me alone.

Now ... about that bet ... Feel free to offer up some money any time now.

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

Coward |Cow"ard|, n.

A person who lacks courage; a timid or pusillanimous person; a poltroon. [1913 Webster]

A fool is nauseous, but a coward worse.

--Dryden.

I couldn't agree more.

A fool is nauseous, but a coward worse.
              -- Dryden

by bryfry on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 11:05:33 AM PDT

•  So you are saying that your not taking the bet (0+ / 0-)

the first time was just cowardice ?
                And are you saying that your not taking the bet today is also just cowardice ?

Would that be you poking yourself twice in one eye
                or would that be one poke in each of your eyes ?

Don't keep on going , you are going to go completely blind .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 05:14:49 PM PDT

•  How long (0+ / 0-)

does it take to build a new nuclear reactor in the US?

I say and have always said that it takes less than 10 years. If you disagree, then take the bet. It's as simple as that. That is, you must wager that Vogtle will not be operational by 2022.

You're the one who keeps bringing up this shit, not me. It's time for you to put up or shut up. Any further comments from you that don't read, "yes, I accept your wager" will be ignored by me, because it is becoming clear that you are too chickenshit to put any substance behind your words.

Have a nice day.

A fool is nauseous, but a coward worse.
                  -- Dryden

by bryfry on Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 06:02:49 PM PDT

•  So you admit to poking yourself (0+ / 0-)

over and over ?

put up or shut up
                    You failed to back up your words when challenged , that by your definition makes you a coward . You didn't put up or shut up . You backed away mumbling bullshit insults .
                    It's as simple as that.
                    You had your chance , you blew it . You should have been a man and taken the bet when it was offered . You failed to do so when you could have . You backed away with your tail between your legs .
                    It became perfectly clear that you "are to chickenshit" to put up the money to back your position from the first offered bet . Your failure is all yours . You get no do overs . You get zero chance to undo your failure . No rematches for those who fail to get into the ring . You walked away when challenged . You showed that you had and have nothing . You keep on showing that you have nothing .
                    I say and have always said that it takes less than 10 years.
                    vs
                    Sure, it takes years, but for a well-oiled nuclear industry, it takes less than 5 years to build a nuclear plant.

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11