Skip to main content

View Diary: A. Very. Unpopular. War. (110 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  So there are only two shareholders? (0+ / 0-)

    One of which controls 51% of the stock while the other controls 49%?  Is that what you're saying?  In most publicly held corporations, a 49% chunk of the voting shares is more than enough for control.  

    "Ça c'est une chanson que j'aurais vraiment aimé ne pas avoir écrite." -- Barbara

    by FogCityJohn on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 09:57:05 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

    •  FogCityJ - the NBC stations (0+ / 0-)

      were a wholly owned subsidiary of GE and GE sold a majority interest to Comcast, which like GE is a public company. You are correct, NBC has only two shareholders at this time, Comcast who owns 51%, and GE who owns 49%. In a stand alone public company a 49% ownership would clearly be a controlling interest, but that is not the case here.

      "let's talk about that"

      by VClib on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 10:14:38 AM PDT

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site