View Diary: Fort Knox nixes Nugent performance (276 comments)

•  Meh (0+ / 0-)

That wasn't a real threat. It was stupid talk.

I know the law says you can't even joke about it, but that's a stupid law imo.

•  Nugent has not lost his freedom of speech (7+ / 0-)

He is simply not permitted  to entertain the military with his assassination fantasies. He can have a concert elsewhere in Louisville.

He hasn't been arrested for his incitement, although arguably his speech is of a kind that is constitutionally prohibited.

•  That's silly (0+ / 0-)

I'm not going to debate you folks on this stuff.

It's clear you don't want to hear it.

•  Now, that's silly (1+ / 0-)
          SwedishJewfish

I'm interesting in hearing it. Is it really just stupid talk, or sedition?

and I wait for them to interrupt my drinking from this broken cup

by le sequoit on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 07:07:50 PM PDT

•  The constitution is silly, you're right. (0+ / 0-)

Thanks for all your valuable insights.

•  dude, you really are just plain wrong on this. (4+ / 0-)

Ask any commissioned officer.  Probably the NCOs have the same thing.

There is no 1st A issue here.

"Minus two votes for the Democrat" equals "plus one vote for the Republican." Arithmetic doesn't care about your feelings.

by G2geek on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 08:15:41 PM PDT

•  Ted Nugent isd NOT a commissoned officer (0+ / 0-)
            •  obviously. And as a civilian he has no... (2+ / 0-)
              elwior, lgcap

... inherent right to set foot on a military base, any more than you or I do.

Sheesh!  I thought that much was obvious!  He's a civvie, he is not subject to military orders or regulations, however he does not have any inherent right to go on base.

If he has no inherent right to set foot on base, he has no inherent right to perform live on base.  QED.

Sheesh!, do I have to go to our nearest base and ask someone on duty for a printed copy of their regs about civvies visiting?

by G2geek on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 12:27:17 AM PDT

•  Sigh (0+ / 0-)

First Amendment implications means what to you?

Are we applauding decision by government agencies to ban people for not liking the President?

Why yes we are!

Aren't we progressive!!!

•  straws too brittle to grasp. (0+ / 0-)

Now you've shifted from a legal arguement to a policy arguement.  That's grasping at straws and they're pretty brittle ones at that.

And we're not talking about "banning people" in some broad way: only about not inviting them to go to military bases.

There's no constitutional right of civilians to go into military bases at all, whether to perform or for any other purpose.

by G2geek on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 06:45:18 PM PDT

•  WE don't want to debate? :) (2+ / 0-)
          SwedishJewfish, lgcap

you're wrong on the law, the Constitution and the politics of the entire matter. So you try to point little fingers at those who understand the facts and go home. nice

America could have chosen to be the worlds doctor, or grocer. We choose instead to be her policeman. pity

by cacamp on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 09:10:41 PM PDT

•  No I'm not (0+ / 0-)

You oeople don;t know what you are talking about.

•  Seriously, has someone hacked your account? (2+ / 0-)
              MagnanaMouse, elwior

You are normally very reasonable, good to debate with...

If not, then I have to say you are kind of making an ass of yourself here. Telling everyone they are "stupid" for disagreeing with you (and misspelling every other word in the process, which makes me think you are either PWI or hacked)

You must work-we all must work-for a world that is worthy of its children. - Pablo Casals. Please donate to TREE Climbers, our 501(c)(3).

by SwedishJewfish on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 10:56:23 PM PDT

•  Sorry to have offended you (0+ / 0-)

This thread offends me.

•  I wouldn't normally (1+ / 0-)
                  SwedishJewfish

jump back into a thread that has gotten this contentious but since this is my diary I feel compelled to do it now. You have thrown out an argument based on first amendment rights and people have responded down the line that they don't agree with your reasoning. Because no one would concede your point you have come back time after time calling everyone who doesn't agree ridiculous and stupid. If you want to debate this on the merits of your argument, fine. But the belittling and name calling serves no purpose and is surprising coming from someone I really do respect.

Score Card: Marriages won by me, 1. Marriages destroyed by me, 0.

by Steven Payne on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 09:32:05 AM PDT

•  Nonsense (0+ / 0-)

They did more than NOT agree with me. They insulted me.

I'm not complaining. Who cares?

But please do not play civility cop now. It is ridiculous.

Check your disappoint.

Oh BTW, I do find the thread stupid and saddening,. Does my opinion bother you?

Would you rather I censor myself?

•  Your opinion doesn't bother me (1+ / 0-)
                      SwedishJewfish

in the least. It is yours to hold. As for playing civility cop, since this is my diary I feel I hold a certain responsibility to defend it. You can try to bully me all you want by telling me I'm ridiculous and that I'm trying to censor you. I'm simply not buying the tactic you are employing.

Score Card: Marriages won by me, 1. Marriages destroyed by me, 0.

by Steven Payne on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 10:04:16 AM PDT

•  How come you only police me? (0+ / 0-)

If this is your diary, and you claim civility is your concern, why are you only applying the civility rule to me?

I let you succeed in your bullying me and promise to never participate in one of your diaries again.

I don't like people who decide that incivility is ok from people who agree with them but not those who do not agree with them.

Mission accomplished with your bullying. You won't have to worry about me again.

• Recommended (132)
  • Media (29)
  • Climate Change (27)
  • Spam (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Texas (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site