View Diary: Fort Knox nixes Nugent performance (276 comments)

•  I just don't see the advantage (3+ / 0-)
    elwior, sharman, Knucklehead

of him playing to the fringe like he's been doing. I know he had to win a primary, but he didn't have to out-extreme Santorum or out-mean Gingrich to sew this thing up. Not that I'm complaining.

Score Card: Marriages won by me, 1. Marriages destroyed by me, 0.

by Steven Payne on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 05:00:44 PM PDT

•  He lacks common sense. He does not understand (3+ / 0-)
      Steveningen, Quite Contrary, DerAmi

the value of being a decent human being.
         And when push comes to shove, he's kind of chickenshit.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 05:04:51 PM PDT

•  I remember back in the 2008 campaign (5+ / 0-)

when gasoline prices hit their all-time record high.
           The Democratic Primary wasn't quite over yet, and both Hillary and McCain tried to pander to the Public by going with the calls to suspend the gas tax, but Obama saw how foolish it was and said so. It was brave, yes, but it was also smart because people do tend to know an overt pander when they see it, and ultimately admire a candidate that has enough respect for them not to do it.
           Barack Obama has that sense (he used it better 4-5 years ago), Romney lacks it almost totally.
           The only reason he's going to be the GOP nominee is because the party simply had no serious challenger to him. The fact that Gingrich and Santorum were actually giving him a run for his money tells you all you need to know about what an awful, awful candidate he is.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 05:13:41 PM PDT

•  When push comes to shove.... (2+ / 0-)
        highacidity, elwior

Ted Nugent shits his pants!

This better be good. Because it is not going away.

by DerAmi on Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 10:30:12 PM PDT

•  He has fools for advisors. (2+ / 0-)
      Translator, elwior

For all the polish, he really is no better than GWB.

Mitt falls into the rich man's trap: he thinks he can buy wisdom by getting the best advisors money can buy. But expensive staff doesn't mean they're necessarily good. Yet Mitt  simply does what he is told. And he has been give terrible advice.

I think he would actually do well to talk to someone --anyone!-- outside his bubble ASAP, even (shudder!) Donald Trump. Trump is an arrogant moron, but even he has more sense than the Romney campaign seems to be displaying.

And yes, I realize what I just said....