View Diary: PPP: Support for North Carolina's Amendment One dips to record low (62 comments)

•  I remember that several people accused (0+ / 0-)

The President of jumping on the bandwagon for political expediency when his spokesperson said that the President was opposed to the Amendment. At that time several people here thought the polls showed that the Amendment would be defeated and that thus the President wasn't showing any political courage. I realize he didn't address it again yesterday but this issue shows how hard it is for the President to thread the needle that is this election. NC is an important state but while the Amendment is gaining opposition this isn't a good issue for the President. I'm glad he has shown the opposition that he has. I'm also proud of how hard people in NC have fought against this horror of an Amendment and hope we can defeat it in May.

“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you...” - Maya Angelou

by stellaluna on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 06:47:56 PM PDT

•  I wonder who said that. (5+ / 0-)

I have yet to see a poll saying the amendment will for sure be defeated. This latest one is the closest to that and it still shows a fight ahead.

I am proud to be a Contributor at Courage Campaign Institute's Prop8TrialTracker.com
      Read more of my stuff at my site burn after writing and at The Huffington Post
      @indiemcemopants on Twitter

by Scottie Thomaston on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 06:50:48 PM PDT

•  There was either a diary or open thread (0+ / 0-)

about it back in mid-March when it happened. I could probably find it because I remember that I commented that the polls didn't come anywhere near showing that the President was on safe political ground by coming out against the Amendment. The diary wasn't taking that position about the President's stance. Just some comments.

by stellaluna on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 06:58:52 PM PDT

•  And we wouldn't want the president . . . (0+ / 0-)

to step off of the "safe political ground," would we?  God forbid that he should actually lead on this issue.

by FogCityJohn on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 08:48:19 PM PDT

•  Here's an idea! (4+ / 0-)
      This isn't a good issue for the President.
      Then let's not talk about him then.

THere are hundreds and hundreds of people working on this who don't live a 1600 Pennsylvania drive.

This post didn't bring him up, and you could have done the same.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."—Martin Luther King Jr.

by Scott Wooledge on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 06:56:34 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry. I didn't intend to create an issue. (3+ / 0-)
        The Nephew, Scott Wooledge, bythesea

This issue does stand on its own with or without the support of the President or anyone else. I am very excited to see support for Amendment dropping and I dearly hope it continues. I apologize if I seemed to care about it in any other way.

by stellaluna on Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 07:06:01 PM PDT

• Recommended (121)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (45)
  • Elections (37)
  • Environment (35)
  • Media (34)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (33)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (28)
  • Barack Obama (27)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Culture (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Bernie Sanders (18)
  • Labor (18)
  • White House (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site