View Diary: To Hague Global Forum on Corruption AG Aschroft on Corrupt Federal Judges Collusion w US Trustee's (39 comments)

•  Your attribution to Ashcroft is false. (2+ / 0-)
    Timaeus, erush1345

As johnny wurster correctly pointed out, the quotation you attribute to John Ashcroft is from a book by Jack Knox, found here:

books.google.com

When you attribute that quotation to Ashcroft, you are not telling the truth.

What Ashcroft actually said on the subject at the Hague is this plain vanilla, good government statement:

Importance of Integrity Among Law Enforcement and Judicial Officials

The second dimension of corruption I would like to discuss is the national dimension. As my country's chief law enforcement officer, I see daily the critical importance of working together to create and maintain high standards of integrity within those institutions that are responsible for law enforcement and justice. Indeed, that topic was the original focus of the Global Forum process. Although the Global Forum has now grown to address a broader array of corruption issues, I remain convinced that there is no more important area in the fight against corruption than the challenge for us within the law enforcement and justice sectors to keep our own houses clean.

We must all, in our own countries, lead the fight to ensure integrity within our police and judicial systems. And we must come to each other's assistance when corruption investigations lead to a need for access to evidence, witnesses or fugitives that are abroad.

From: Attorney General John D. Ashcroft's Remarks at the Second Global Forum on Fighting Corruption, The Hague, Netherlands, May 31, 2001

Ashcroft speech

It has not been scrubbed from the internet -- it is there for all honest researchers to see.

This falsehood makes me suspect that Judge (not Justice, fortunately) Edith Jones did not say what you attribute to her either.

The pervasive falsehoods make me dismiss the rest of what you say, which is too bad if you have an actual grievance. As I've said before, I hope justice is done in your case.

•  Troll number 2 - It is not a speech. If you look (1+ / 0-)
      joe wobblie

at the link. Francis C.P. Knize states that it is a Written remark and I verified it on the Hague website before I gave him credit for it.

Again - you are as full of bull crap with your inferences as always. Protecting Mitt Romney, Bain, Goldman Sachs

ALWAYS

Thanks.

I await your other troopers to come here soon.
      (though, I surmise, the king trooper is OFF today).

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sat May 05, 2012 at 04:54:31 PM PDT

•  It's very bad form to insult people who (2+ / 0-)
        erush1345, Villanova Rhodes

take the time to comment in your diary, even if they are critical.  Villanova Rhodes--and I--are absolutely and obviously not trolls.

And Villanova Rhodes, and I, don't have "troopers" who ride to our bidding.

And we aren't protecting Romney etc.

You keep posting this same, tiresome, CT diary. Stop it.

•  HA - the pot black calls another black'r. 1st word (1+ / 0-)
          joe wobblie

out of your mouth (comment) was diatribe

CT word salad
          It always you same 7 bad faith parties - Defending crooked attorneys and corrupt federal officials

HELPING Bain, Romney & Goldman Sachs

with ad hominem attacks and never sticking with the points

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sat May 05, 2012 at 06:35:38 PM PDT

•  Why am I here? (1+ / 0-)
            Villanova Rhodes

You want to know why the fuck I am here?

Well, I'll tell you, asshole.

My wife is in ICU right now fighting for her life after major surgery.  I'm strung so tight I can hardly breathe.  I'm not able to do the normal things I like to do to relax, like computer games, so I'm switching between anxious pacing and small amounts of blogging.

And I've latched onto this crappy diary of yours, because I've seen your shit before, and I hate the way you accuse all lawyers of being crooks.

Back off on fighting me.  That's a warning.

•  Hey Timaeus. (1+ / 0-)
              Timaeus

You and your wife are in my prayers. Don't spend any time on this nonsense unless it's a useful diversion. Take care of yourself and her.

•  Sorry to hear about that and wish you the best. (1+ / 0-)
              joe wobblie

But it does not vindicate, nor justify you being a trolladite.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 12:23:18 AM PDT

•  Save your threats and stop putting false words (1+ / 0-)
              joe wobblie

in my mouth.

Not only have I never EVER said all attorneys at law are crooks. I have only said there are a few, that I love the Law and the Department of Injustice can restore itself to the place of being a noble institution.

If they would keep their oath of office and Do Their Job!

You show your true nature of bias and vindictiveness,
              that you ARE circling the wagons to protect the legal trade at all costs.

Instead of paying attention to the facts.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 12:26:35 AM PDT

•  You're lying. Many of your diaries, including (0+ / 0-)

this one, have broad statements against all attorneys.

You're just not a good thinker and writer.  You don't even remember what you write, and you have no qualms about lying about what you've written, even when it is right there in the open for all to see.

I think you're a super crank.

•  NUMBER 1 mcTime-dus.... your Allegation SAID (1+ / 0-)
                  joe wobblie
                  and I hate the way you accuse all lawyers of being crooks.
                  A Bold face LIE.....

Tough shit mc'timus spits - if you don't like what I say about the crooked attorneys Traub, MNAT, Ropes & Gray, Sullivan & Cromwell, Dreier etc.

They HAVE committed crimes that they ARE getting away with - Solely because they are powerful (crooked) Law firms.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 10:13:23 PM PDT

•  Dear Timaeus, (1+ / 0-)
              laserhaas

Please curb your dirty tongue!
              Your constant use of obscene language is most offensive.
              Also, show regard for the rights of others and do not threaten people.

! The swinistic greed and racial hatred of the American ruling elite is abysmal !

by joe wobblie on Sun May 06, 2012 at 03:01:40 AM PDT

•  1st of all - It is not MY attribution. It is (2+ / 0-)
      joe wobblie, Sandino

Francis C. P. Knize and it is a matter of public records.

It is funny how it sits there a half a dozen years without Mr. Ashcroft ever saying anything about it.

But = When Laser Haas "LINKS" to it as corroborative evidence. It is now = all of a sudden false.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sat May 05, 2012 at 05:08:35 PM PDT

•  If you will look 2 pages ABOVE your own dang (1+ / 0-)
      joe wobblie

link

You will see that the very author you cite is quoting John Ashcroft at the Hague Global Forum on Corruption - all you have to do is Back up to page 71 - Troll.

If you ARE in the legal field. You just made the proverbial faux pas and argued an issue without doing all the research and actually supplied me with my reading for tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sat May 05, 2012 at 05:18:19 PM PDT

•  Again with the falsehoods. (0+ / 0-)

laserhaas, here is the Ashcroft quotation from page 71 of the Knox "book":

Corruption in the agencies charged with enforcing our laws not only threatens communities by allowing dangerous criminals to roam free, it also undermines the confidence of our citizens in law enforcement and the criminal justice system. The same is true with respect to judicial corruption. We must all, in our own countries, lead the fight to ensure integrity within our police and judicial systems. United States Attorney General John D. Ashcroft, in remarks to the Second Global Forum on Fighting Corruption)
        Does it look familiar? It should. Except for a missing paragraph break, it is from what I quoted above. It is from Ashcroft's remarks to the Global Forum. Knox quotes him accurately, but you do not. ASHCROFT DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU CLAIM HE SAID. (And I never dreamed I'd defend Ashcroft, of all people.)

In another diary, you referred to someone recovering from brain surgery, and I asked if that is you. You did not respond. I am not in the habit of pulling the wings off flies. If you are suffering the effects of brain surgery or disease, I have no desire to argue with you. However, what you are saying here is false. It is either a knowing lie or you cannot comprehend what you read. I am sorry that your acolyte joe wobblie has been misled. I will not engage you further on the topic in this diary. I hope that justice is done in your case.

•  You taking the web links that another person (1+ / 0-)
          joe wobblie

has gone on the Public Record during a Public Hearing

and then saying it is False

only makes you look like the fool and trolladite
          with vindictive half baked arguments that you do.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 12:30:16 AM PDT

•  We can talk about the man who had to shoot/ kill (1+ / 0-)
          joe wobblie

an intruder and his brain surgery (I have a copy of the bill)

When you address the facts - instead of making personal ad hominem attacks as you keep dodging the real issues at hand.

On that day, we can then talk about the hero and his girl friend who stood up to these clowns and has paid a terrible price for such.

Until then, you are

UNWORTHY.

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 12:40:48 AM PDT

•  Strange that you should make erroneous contentions (1+ / 0-)
          joe wobblie

many and then wish me well at the end of your comment.

Justice in my case means Mitt Romney, Bain, Goldman Sachs and Corruption all get the light of day upon them.

How about taking note of those points - Please?

PLEASE Stop Mitt (the Pitts) Romney from stealing the Presidential Election!

by laserhaas on Sun May 06, 2012 at 03:22:26 AM PDT