View Diary: Anarchist Mitt Romney arrested in 1981 for 'disorderly conduct' (187 comments)

•  There Is Something Weird Going On (71+ / 0-)

With this guy ...

At first, he seemed like a middle-of-the-roader who I thought was probably a pretty good guy, though wrong about a lot of things -- and who just wasn't a good enough candidate to beat Obama.

So I haven't worried much about him.

But as more of these stories trickle out, I see some very glaring character flaws that hint at something else about this guy ...

I guess I'd call it a mild sociopathy.

He always got his -- because he's the son of a millionaire governor. He just always gets his. It doesn't matter who gets hurt. It doesn't matter what the consequences are. The bigger picture doesn't matter, either.

He just always gets his.

And it bugs him sometimes when other people don't understand that.

"I'll believe that corporations are people when I see Rick Perry execute one."

by bink on Mon May 07, 2012 at 09:11:06 AM PDT

•  the picture of mitten and his buddies (37+ / 0-)

with dollar bills everywhere sums up his sociopathy very well.  He's got money, so nothing else matters.  Laws?  Break 'em, pay the fine and all's good.  Ethics?  Pay out some more money, give the church their tithe and all's good.  Morality?  Open up the wallet and no one questions you about it.

Charles Dickens and Thomas Nast would have had some fun with this guy a couple centuries ago.

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Mon May 07, 2012 at 09:18:52 AM PDT

•  nod (11+ / 0-)

And it worries me that they think they can win this if they throw enough money at the problem.

I am very happy that I do not live in a swing state.  Your televisions will be unwatchable (well, more unwatchable than usual) from August until election day.

•  Mild? you're in a generous mood today. n/t (8+ / 0-)

"Minus two votes for the Democrat" equals "plus one vote for the Republican." Arithmetic doesn't care about your feelings.

by G2geek on Mon May 07, 2012 at 09:47:33 AM PDT

•  Obviously they didn't know who he was. (5+ / 0-)

Because if they did, they never would have treated him in such a fashion.  Poor Mittens.

For a blessedly brief period of time I had a step-mother who thought rules were for other people.  She was the daughter of a very wealthy man who had made his wealth, not earned it, but unfortunately his children grew up with an insufferable sense of entitlement.

"The fears of one class of men are not the measure of the rights of another." ~ George Bancroft (1800-1891)

by JBL55 on Mon May 07, 2012 at 09:54:00 AM PDT

•  Jon Ronson The Psychopath Test (5+ / 0-)

License? I don't need no stinking license!

The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution. Paul Cezanne

by MeToo on Mon May 07, 2012 at 09:59:20 AM PDT

•  "Mild?" He will lie about anything and (1+ / 0-)
      PSzymeczek

everything in order to gain power.

He doesn't believe in anything other than his right to climb higher and higher.

Socio or psycho, he has a -pathy.  Probably not so bad as to be Borderline, but there's something more wrong with him than with most.

What a Police State Looks Like: "On one side: soft human flesh, unprotected human skulls, cardboard signs, slogans they chant, armed with belief in 1st Amendment rights. On the other: helmets, body armor, guns, batons, chemical weapons." -- JanetRhodes

by YucatanMan on Mon May 07, 2012 at 10:14:29 AM PDT

•  I pretty much felt the same way as you (10+ / 0-)

Thinking if Obama could not win a second term, perhaps Romney would not be all that bad, "at least he was somewhat moderate.
      I don't feel that way any longer. There is something very wrong with this man. It goes deeper than simply politics and saying anything to get votes, which in itself is not admirable. There is not simply a character flaw with him, it is his entire Character that is non-existant.

Silly as it seems, but who puts their dog on the roof of their car in a kennel? Just think about that for one moment. Not only who does something like that?, What kind of family allows it to be done, where are their values? And who thinks it is funny, or for that matter no big deal?

Nothing speaks more about a person's character to me than how he/she treats her pets. Additionally to think this kind of behavior should be excused because at age 6 the President while living in Indonesia was fed dog by his Dad.

Early on there were reports from the Obama campaign, that this Mitt Romney was "weird". He is and that weirdness has manifested in many ways, he has no heart, no soul. Which means to me, he has no empathy either. How does someone like this be POTUS? How can we trust someone like this to send our young Americans to war, to feel the pain of the injuries they may suffer? When all along knowing he thinks all people are expendable, and the end justifies the means. This is how he has lived his life, and there is nothing I have seen in his quest for the Presidency that makes me think differently. He is a robot, cold, unfeeling and his wires can get crossed at any time.

•  Exactly (10+ / 0-)

And I would say that his wires get crossed because he has not been exposed to the ordinary challenges that other people encounter when they mature ...

His mettle has never been tested, because there was never any reason to test it.

His dad, or an influential friend were always there to ease the way. A wallet always opened when he needed it. Problem mysteriously "disappeared" when people found out who he was.

His character wasn't shaped by the everyday limits that the rest of us are exposed to from childhood. When we did something wrong, we got punished.

When he did something wrong ... He might not actually have a clear sense of what is wrong and what is right.

"I'll believe that corporations are people when I see Rick Perry execute one."

by bink on Mon May 07, 2012 at 10:37:16 AM PDT

•  We know he can't stand up to gay haters. He folds (4+ / 0-)
          lcbo, sethtriggs, PSzymeczek, zinger99

I'm completely unimpressed with his "mettle", and at the Republican convention, if Ron Paul were to say "boo!" to him, I think he'd cave.

Romney is a robot of the 1%.

2012: the Year of the Voting Woman. And by the way, Republicans ... we're pretty pissed about what you've done to our country.

by mumtaznepal on Mon May 07, 2012 at 10:44:01 AM PDT

•  His campaign likes to say he has had to face (7+ / 0-)

adversity with is wife's diagnosis of MS and breast cancer. I don't deny that that is rough news to hear, but when you have all the money in the world to be able to provide the best treatement for your loved ones, it does make it easier to digest. One would think someone who has had to face something like this would understand that it is easier to face when you are wealthy, and facing diseases like these two is hard on all that face it and that realization would want him to not repeal HCR, but extend it to more Americans. His life story and any challanges faced doesn't seem to effect him, nor did it seem to give him any empathy for anyone except those who are in the same economic bracket as he is. FDR was a very wealthy man, but when he was striken with Polio, he realized the challanges he face and it made him feel empathy for all of those who might be suffering the same fate with not the same resources as he had. That is the reason FDR's face is on the Dime. FDR enjoyed his weath, but he also realized that no everyone had that same priviledge as he, and he spent his time as President trying to remedy that situation. That is the true test of Character, "to who much is given much is expected". Romeny doesn't seem to live  by that creed.

•  That's because FDR wasn't a sociopath (3+ / 0-)
              PSzymeczek, zesty grapher, zinger99

to begin with. This really resonates with me. I think he is a sociopath, one who does not feel empathy for other human beings. This is why, after 6 years of campaigning, he still can't help but say, "I am not worried about the poor," and "I'll bet you 10,000 dollars," etc. He just doesn't get it - there it that human gene missing.

We really need to insure that this roboton doesn't become president, because he will send our kids off to fight in Iran without a second thought.

My dog is a member of Dogs Against Romney: He rides inside.

by adigal on Mon May 07, 2012 at 11:16:45 AM PDT

•  According to Ann Romney herself: (4+ / 0-)
              “I had ductal carcinoma, which is DCIS,” Romney said in an interview with America’s Radio News. “Stage zero, which meant, for me, I had surgery, and I had radiation, but I did not have to do chemo because it was a stage zero. So again, it was early diagnosis that prevented me from having to have chemotherapy.” source
              This will probably make me sound like a horrible person, but I have a hard time finding much sympathy for Ann Romney.

She had the advantage of never having to worry about how to obtain and pay for mammograms, and catching it at "stage zero" means she barely missed a beat.

Some of us have had both breasts removed and have a chest that is still numb, needed chemotherapy, lost huge chunks of our lives along with our hair and  portions of our lymphatic system, and the entire time sweated bullets out of fear we'd lose our jobs & our health care.

I've known people like AR, and instead of using this experience to help others (e.g. campaigning for free mammograms) they use it to generate sympathy for themselves and their politician spouses.

IOW it's all about them.  Still.  Again.

by JBL55 on Mon May 07, 2012 at 11:31:29 AM PDT

•  My sister had the same thing last year (1+ / 0-)
                JBL55

yes, it's breast cancer, but her doctor told her it was the kind that if she hadn't had the mammogram, it would very likely never have been a major problem.  So small they had to mark it prior to surgery.  She was uncomfortable for about a week.

•  I had an Aunt with MS, and for that I feel (1+ / 0-)
                JBL55

sympathy for Ann Romney. It is a horrible disease and the prognosis is never good. It is alot to deal with, fortunately she can get the best medical care. I hope that helps. As far as the breast cancer goes, it would be nice if all women can be diagnosed when their cancer is at stage 0, but stopping the funding to P.P. and ending Obamacar, as Ann's husband has promised is not going to ever make that
                possible. Ann should realize there are some things that are more important than being First Lady, but she thinks "it is Mitt's turn".

•  It will be interesting to see how he behaves (3+ / 0-)
          sethtriggs, BlueZone, bink

when it heats up. When Obama and his people are pointing out his inconsistencies. When PACs for our side are pointing out all of his lies and flaws. When he is down in the polls and it looks like it might not be "his time." I can see him going all arrogant and condescending to Obama on television, which will NOT fly with the mushy middle.

This is a man who probably has not had to even listen to anything he doesn't want to hear for most of his life. In his position now, he won't be able to shut up the politicians, and the writers and the pundits, and I bet you he tries to get into a pissing contest with people he should just ignore. Should be fun!!!

My dog is a member of Dogs Against Romney: He rides inside.

by adigal on Mon May 07, 2012 at 11:14:26 AM PDT

•  His Super Pacs will do his pissing for him (0+ / 0-)

and he will say he just can't help it he wants to remain positive, but damn those Super Pacs.
            His real trouble will come when he has to debate President Obama, not because the President is a great debater, he isn't, but because the President will look and sound like an honest broker, and Romney will not. The people who are going to vote for him anyway don't care, but the undecideds will be able to tell, I am sure of this.
            I saw on Facebook today, a poll asking who wants Jon Stewart to moderate one of the Presidential debates. I hope he does, because the right and people like Romney underestimate Stewart they think he is just a silly comedian, but he can keep up with the best of them, and he will, I am sure ask the follow-up questions that need to be asked.

• Recommended (116)
  • Community (57)
  • 2016 (44)
  • Elections (37)
  • Environment (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (32)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Law (27)
  • Barack Obama (26)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Culture (22)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Senate (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site