View Diary: The REAL Conservative Case Against Gay Marriage (71 comments)

•  She is not the only one who found no (4+ / 0-)

humor in that.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? . . . and respect the dignity of every human being.

by Wee Mama on Fri May 18, 2012 at 06:42:42 PM PDT

•  So, the people who thought it was funny... (0+ / 0-)

...they are wrong.  And the humorless few, they are right.

OK.

12 years with Parkinson's disease made me retire, but it didn't stop me. Visit my home page at The Ex-Examiner Examines the News.

by Bill Schmalfeldt on Sat May 19, 2012 at 03:18:04 AM PDT

•  Because I don't find a jokey account of rape (7+ / 0-)

funny is not evidence that I am humorless. I find lots of things funny, but rape is not on the list. And as to funny or not, there is not a right or wrong, only sensation. At least two people have told you that they don't find rape jokes funny; that is information and it's up to you whether you use the informatioion.

by Wee Mama on Sat May 19, 2012 at 11:22:52 AM PDT

•  So, do you ever draw a line about (6+ / 0-)

what is funny and what is sadistic or otherwise too ugly to use in making a point in writing?

I am not going to spend much time on specific objections. The complaints are feedback that you are free to rebuke, belittle and ignore. And from the follow up diary, you clearly don't care if people stop reading you. Many diarists have made it clear they don't want folks who aren't on the same page to interfere with animal or IGTNT diaries.

I happen to be a woman who was never indoctrinated in the trinitarian dogma, including the sex condemnation. I got plenty of unwanted, uncaring attention from people with what I refer to as the dysfunctional Y chromosome. The resemblance cited most often, to Bridget Bardot, was a big part of the problem.

In order to give some specific boundaries to prospective partners, I came up with a list.

# 1  Pain. **Intentional pain will end the relationship.**
        Given that tender areas of the body are involved, unintentional pain occurs. The activity causing the pain must stop immediately. Resumption is the call of the injured.

The other no nos were: failure to comply fully with contraception and protection from bugs, other people, pets or other animals, unacknowledged and agreed upon pharmaceuticals or chemicals, pictures of either of us.

That leaves plenty of room for pleasure, exploration and pursuit of happiness. Which I enjoyed with several partners, one of whom I gave up all others for, and kept that vow. I never had any experience with a partner who did anything like what you described. I am fully aware they exist and the damage they do to women, like both my mother and daughter.

Your insistence that those who object don't comprehend or appreciate satire, is painting a broad brush on a pretty intelligent and well read group. It is deaf to the messages.

You, sir, are no good at satire.
        Your empathy is also deficient.

Buh, bye.

by Ginny in CO on Sun May 20, 2012 at 06:08:21 PM PDT

•  It wasn't funny, but it was a good description (1+ / 0-)
      Neuroptimalian

Of the mindset of the men that are like that. They are about dominance, and not understanding the harm that they do because they are just that stupid.

Women create the entire labor force. Think about it.

by splashy on Sat May 19, 2012 at 12:11:40 PM PDT

•  If only their testosterone-addled little minds ... (0+ / 0-)

could understand that we can all see right through to the core of this "satirical" charade when the truth is that it's about insecurity resulting from the shame of constantly failing in life.  It's all about their sick need to pretend they have conquered, and are thus superior to, at least one other person on this planet.  Because what could be worse than having to accept that you're the lowest of the low?  It would be sad if it weren't so truly evil and destructive in its intent.

And isn't it strange that it was not posted anonymously?  Especially when screencaps are so easy to perform.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

by Neuroptimalian on Sat May 19, 2012 at 11:25:48 PM PDT

•  Why would I post this anonymously? (1+ / 0-)
          frankzappatista

It was a fucking satire of a fucking situation that I fucking imagined in my fucking mind to illustrate the fucking insanity of a fucking person who has issues with "the butt stuff" if it's performed by two men, but thinks the world revolves around his own dick.  And the fact that so many other readers "got that" and only a few did not makes me wonder about the reading comprehension skills of the few who did not but keep posting comment after comment after STUPID comment about how evil I was for pointing out the mindset of people who do the terrible things they seem to think I am condoning when in fact I am condemning them.  Sweet Jesus McGee!

by Bill Schmalfeldt on Sun May 20, 2012 at 04:00:53 AM PDT

•  Reading comprehension fail: (1+ / 0-)
            SoCaliana
            If only their testosterone-addled little minds could understand that we can all see right through to the core of this "satirical" charade when the truth is that it's about insecurity resulting from the shame of constantly failing in life.

by Neuroptimalian on Sun May 20, 2012 at 05:03:25 AM PDT