View Diary: BREAKING: NATO Protesters Are On Their Way to Haymarket. (47 comments)

•  Wherever the livestreamer is right now (2+ / 0-)
    cotterperson, elwior

seems pretty mellow.  Says they got separated. Seems like there is a larger march somewhere else.

•  On my other computer. (3+ / 0-)
      jpmassar, cotterperson, elwior

Let me see if I can find out.

"No, I'm being judged against the ideal. Joe Biden has a saying: 'Don't judge me against the Almighty, judge me against the alternative." --President Barack Obama, 12/11/11

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 05:35:59 PM PDT

•  Okay, I needed to reboot because my (3+ / 0-)
        jpmassar, cotterperson, elwior

big computer is slow and old.

CPD in full riot gear on Michigan Ave, just north of the Hilton Towers Hotel.

Will not let marchers move further south.

Also have CPD scanner on.  Was a lot of activity at Jackson and Wabash.  No traffic was getting thru.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:07:48 PM PDT

•  8:12pm -- Crowd has turned around on (3+ / 0-)
          jpmassar, cotterperson, elwior

Michigan Ave.  Now going north.  Well, some of them are.

About 1000 or so on Michigan Avenue.

Michigan Ave. is occupied.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:14:05 PM PDT

•  Are they headed somewhere in particular? (2+ / 0-)
            cotterperson, elwior
            •  They seem to be just stopped at Congress. (3+ / 0-)
              jpmassar, cotterperson, elwior

Mulling about.  Also reports of folk on Washington Blvd. and State St.

CPD scanner said a female civilian was down and injured.  Don't know anymore about that.

Obama is on his way downtown.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:43:38 PM PDT

•  Uh wow. (3+ / 0-)
                cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

Protestors just broke the CPD conga line.  Crowd moving north near Jackson Blvd.  CPD officer on bike getting antsy.  Some contact going on.  Timcast live streaming right behind them on USstream.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:47:38 PM PDT

•  Protesters are attempting to block (3+ / 0-)
                  cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

CPD on mounted horses.  Will not let them thru.  I'm sure the CPD doesn't want them crossing the Michigan Avenue bridge at Wacker because that's the gold coast business district.

I think this is an all nighter here.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:50:31 PM PDT

•  Gee, looks like thousands on Michigan Ave. (3+ / 0-)
                    cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

right now.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:52:28 PM PDT

•  Tweet coming in (3+ / 0-)
                      cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

that windows were broken at TV station -- I suspect it's ABC because they broadcast on State St.

CBS broadcast near State St.

Squad cars now at Randolph and Michigan.  As I said before, I'm sure that the CPD is going to try to stop them from going to that bridge on Michigan Avenue because that's the upscale Gold Coast business, high end retail shopping.

Playground of the 1% for sure.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:58:04 PM PDT

•  WGN will be broadcasting in 2 mins. (3+ / 0-)
                        cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

Also Fox.  Protesters now being turned off of Michigan -- going west on either Madison or Randolph Streets.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:59:30 PM PDT

•  Live news feed from WGN (3+ / 0-)
                          cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

Crowds going west since Randolph.  CPD will not let them go north to the Michigan Ave bridge.

I'm hearing copters again near my home.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 07:01:45 PM PDT

•  Just saw a tweet from SunTimes (3+ / 0-)
                            cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

political reporter.  Helicopter I hear is AF1 copter with Mayor, Head of NATO, POTUS and FLOTUS.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 07:03:52 PM PDT