View Diary: BREAKING: NATO Protesters Are On Their Way to Haymarket. (47 comments)

•  Protesters are attempting to block (3+ / 0-)
    cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

CPD on mounted horses.  Will not let them thru.  I'm sure the CPD doesn't want them crossing the Michigan Avenue bridge at Wacker because that's the gold coast business district.

I think this is an all nighter here.

"No, I'm being judged against the ideal. Joe Biden has a saying: 'Don't judge me against the Almighty, judge me against the alternative." --President Barack Obama, 12/11/11

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:50:31 PM PDT

•  Gee, looks like thousands on Michigan Ave. (3+ / 0-)
      cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

right now.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:52:28 PM PDT

•  Tweet coming in (3+ / 0-)
        cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

that windows were broken at TV station -- I suspect it's ABC because they broadcast on State St.

CBS broadcast near State St.

Squad cars now at Randolph and Michigan.  As I said before, I'm sure that the CPD is going to try to stop them from going to that bridge on Michigan Avenue because that's the upscale Gold Coast business, high end retail shopping.

Playground of the 1% for sure.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:58:04 PM PDT

•  WGN will be broadcasting in 2 mins. (3+ / 0-)
          cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

Also Fox.  Protesters now being turned off of Michigan -- going west on either Madison or Randolph Streets.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 06:59:30 PM PDT

•  Live news feed from WGN (3+ / 0-)
            cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

Crowds going west since Randolph.  CPD will not let them go north to the Michigan Ave bridge.

I'm hearing copters again near my home.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 07:01:45 PM PDT

•  Just saw a tweet from SunTimes (3+ / 0-)
              cotterperson, jpmassar, elwior

political reporter.  Helicopter I hear is AF1 copter with Mayor, Head of NATO, POTUS and FLOTUS.

by smoothnmellow on Sat May 19, 2012 at 07:03:52 PM PDT