View Diary: Anti-fascists Attack White Nationalists in Chicago Suburb (47 comments)

•  what does your quote mean? (1+ / 0-)
    delver rootnose
    Here's my take on it - the revolution will not be blogged, it has to be slogged. - Deoliver47
    by OIL GUY on Sun May 20, 2012 at 09:16:25 AM PDT
    this is getting weird on some comments when the shit starts coming down people run scared and want to pick the side that does not get them in trouble or looks bad to the ruling class.

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. -Aristotle

by Hyde Park Johnny on Sun May 20, 2012 at 09:21:35 AM PDT

•  It means he admires confrontation when he's not (2+ / 0-)

involved?

•  I've had my share of confrontation, but that was (2+ / 0-)
        mookins, Satya1

long ago. I was in Grant Park in 1968. I deeply regret the damage we inflicted on the Democratic Party and the left in the United States.

I'm not proud that I helped elect Nixon. I was too immature to see it then. I was another narcissistic adolescent with anger control issues. Fortunately, one can live long enough to achieve a different perspective. I've learned a lot in the fifty years since then.

by OIL GUY on Sun May 20, 2012 at 11:04:31 AM PDT

•  There's nothing wrong with confrontation, but (1+ / 0-)
          OIL GUY

that's not what this story is about.

This is about armed assaults on anybody who happened to be in the way of a group of armed thugs.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Sun May 20, 2012 at 04:57:30 PM PDT

•  you claim to have been in Grant park in 68... (0+ / 0-)

...and yout you still take the authoritarian lne,  Still support cops busting heads.  You didn't learn anything anything in 68 except maybe how to fall in line.  And the cops in 68 got the response they wanted and nixon was elected and you think it is any different now.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Sun May 20, 2012 at 07:24:40 PM PDT

•  Denise's quote (3+ / 0-)
      OIL GUY, Nowhere Man, Meteor Blades

was about her observation that on the ground organizing accomplishes more real change than blogging in the echo chamber of the the progressive blogoshere.  And the process is a day by day, inch by inch struggle (slog).  That's my recollection at least.

I'm not liberal. I'm actually just anti-evil, OK? - Elon James White

by Satya1 on Sun May 20, 2012 at 10:32:48 AM PDT

•  The quote is about the hard work of grassroots (0+ / 0-)

organizing, which is the only way to bring about long-term change.

These violent tactics accomplish nothing other than to tarnish the cause which the perpetrators claim they support. I suspect they are narcissistic adolescents who have not learned impulse control.

They must be so brave to attack unarmed people with hammers and baseball bats. Give me a break!

by OIL GUY on Sun May 20, 2012 at 10:59:45 AM PDT