View Diary: Already In Deep Hot Water, JPMorgan Chase May Have Just Reached Its Boiling Point (Part I of II) (181 comments)

•  Maybe... n/t (2+ / 0-)
    idbecrazyif, ozsea1

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Thu May 24, 2012 at 07:26:48 AM PDT

•  That one word answer is chilling to some degree (3+ / 0-)
      bobswern, leema, ozsea1

And it seems as if the banks are aware of how fragile the euro is.

As Greece goes so does Spain, with Spain then Portugal, and then so on and so on. Its scary to think of how far down this rabbit hole we could  go.

--Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson--

by idbecrazyif on Thu May 24, 2012 at 07:38:31 AM PDT

•  Yes...I definitely concur... (11+ / 0-)

...the fragility of it all is what's really one of the scariest aspects of all of this, too.

And, as far as my responding comment, above, was concerned...sometimes, less is more. The brevity WAS intentional. Thanks for picking up on that.

by bobswern on Thu May 24, 2012 at 07:46:20 AM PDT

•  Given that the Fed has already picked up Euro once (1+ / 0-)
          ozsea1

The question then to ask would be

Does the Fed even have the stability to pick it up once again, and even if it does, do we honestly think that the economic direction in Europe would even sustain the system?

Its almost as if those in governments pushing austerity are seriously THAT clueless as to the 400lb gorilla in the room.

by idbecrazyif on Thu May 24, 2012 at 07:55:30 AM PDT

•  Completely a rumor via "friend of a friend" (4+ / 0-)
          ozsea1, divineorder, KJG52, bobswern

and I have no proof: The 2nd-degree friend being a well-established European reporter working on two stories, "Drachmas are already being printed in Switzerland." This from last week.

Said 2nd-degree friend's other story "BP damage in the Gulf is the story that will blow up everything." That's the one they are going full-tilt on.

We'll see.

The Internet is just the tail of the Corporate Media dog.

by Jim P on Thu May 24, 2012 at 11:11:50 AM PDT

•  BP's top stockholder is JPMorgan Chase... (0+ / 0-)

...if I'm to believe what I've been told. (i.e.: this is second-hand information...not fact-checked)

by bobswern on Fri May 25, 2012 at 09:35:30 AM PDT

• Spam (23)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Education (21)
  • GOP (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Law (17)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site