View Diary: The French newspaper Le Monde reports 1.5 million living the American dream on $2 a day (170 comments)

•  We've been asking these questions (2+ / 0-)
    Don midwest, aliasalias

for the last 3 years now.  Sadly, it seems we've gotten our answer.  There will be no change in the status quo, our leaders have too much vested interest in keeping things the way they are.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." Edward R. Murrow

by Betty Pinson on Sun May 27, 2012 at 10:59:20 AM PDT

•  you are such a liar, Betty Pinson (0+ / 1-)
      Hidden by:
      aliasalias

you KNOW that you have not been asking these questions for the last 3 years and have sadly come to your conclusion

you have been preaching your conclusion before day 1

everyone here who has read what you write knows that to be the truth

why should anyone ever listen to what you say when you lie even when you don't need to lie.  like in this case.  you could have just said the truth that you've been telling everyone this for years and now they should know for themselves that you were right.  but no.  you lie.

why am i even saying any of this to you?  you are lying for power.  like a typical politician.  but it's okay when you do it, cause... well... you better have another drink.

i think my cat is possessed by dick cheney

by Anton Bursch on Sun May 27, 2012 at 11:59:42 AM PDT

•  Anton - what did Betty lie about? (1+ / 0-)
        ladyjames

I see that your most recommended diary is "Obama is the best president of my lifetime."

Are you saying that Betty is a liar because she doesn't think that the political parties are going to make much change to the status quo?

Betty has made several comments that the say essentially that the two parties work for the 1%.

Many, if not most of the comments on this diary make the same point.

Is that what you are calling a lie?

•  HR for calling her a liar, over and over (1+ / 0-)
        ladyjames

AND you don't speak for me when you say that everyone who has read her comments know she lies. It's all one long personal attack and well deserving of a hiderate. If anyone can  show me where it ISN'T a HR offense to call someone a liar a bunch of times without citing ANY examples I'll remove the HR.

without the ants the rainforest dies

by aliasalias on Sun May 27, 2012 at 01:34:58 PM PDT

Don midwest, ladyjames, aliasalias

Some people can't handle the truth, but the more we cover up for our own leaders the more others suffer.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." Edward R. Murrow

by Betty Pinson on Sun May 27, 2012 at 02:12:53 PM PDT

•  Betty lied in her comment (0+ / 0-)

She has been saying the same thing about the President and the leadership of the Democratic party for the last 3 years.  Anyone who has been reading her comments knows that.

But in the comment above she says that she's been asking these questions for the last three years and now, sadly, she knows the answer.  That is a lie.

This is a common thing her Betty to do.  Over the last 3 years I've seen her do it many times.  She pretends to be like everyone else who 'thought' that we could trust the President and Dem leaders to act in our best interest, but has now come to the sad/angry/dissapointed/fillintheblank conclusion that she was wrong and that we can't trust them to act in our best interest.

She's like Joe Scarborough pretending to be offended by the President's 'hypocrisy' over hiding his support for marriage equality.  As if Joe has been some champoin of marriage equality.  He's opposed to the President and will use any and everything against him.

It pisses me off.  Not that she thinks what she thinks about the President and Dem leaders, but that tries to play people in this community like fools by lying about where she is coming from.   It's dirty politics.

And of course, while she's lying she says that I just don't want to see the truth.

Anyway, no, the rules do not allow hide rating someone for calling someone else out for lying.  I didn't write it in a diary.  I didn't hide rate her comment.

But what does it matter to her if she's called a liar.  Calling people liars is whatshe does all the time.  She just does it to public servants like the President and our Dem leaders.

i think my cat is possessed by dick cheney

by Anton Bursch on Sun May 27, 2012 at 02:55:43 PM PDT

•  You still haven't (2+ / 0-)
            ladyjames, aliasalias

backed up your claim.

Just because my opinion angers you doesn't entitle you to call me a liar.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." Edward R. Murrow

by Betty Pinson on Sun May 27, 2012 at 03:03:24 PM PDT

•  you are correct, that wouldn't (0+ / 0-)

But I plainly said that i was pissed at you for lying not your opinion.

Mostly, I just wish you would stop.  I don't like being lied to by the President(like he lied repeatedly about evolving marriage equality) and I don't like being lied to by political activists.

i think my cat is possessed by dick cheney

by Anton Bursch on Sun May 27, 2012 at 03:11:40 PM PDT

•  Are you calling me a liar again? (1+ / 0-)
                aliasalias

Let me make it more clear for you.  It's my opinion based on a multitude of incidents, none of which I'm going to list here because this is an election year.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." Edward R. Murrow

by Betty Pinson on Sun May 27, 2012 at 08:50:36 PM PDT

•  when did i stop to start doing it again? (0+ / 0-)
                  We've been asking these questions (2+ / 0-)

that comment is a lie.  not your opinion about the President (clearly who you are primarily referring to by 'our leaders').  you aren't lying that that is your opinion.  your opinion is just your opinion and thus cannot be in and of itself a lie.  but your comment above is a lie.

your comment states that for 3 years you have been asking questions and now you gotten your answer and it is that 'There will be no change in the status quo, our leaders have too much vested interest in keeping things the way they are'.  shall I start copy/pasting the comments you made before Obama even WON the election in 2009 that said the same GODDAMN THING.

you lied about having come to your conclusion over the course of the last 3 years.  you had it before Obama was even President.  your comment above was a lie.  you were lying.  you are a liar.

now, you would rather have President Obama than President McCain or President Romney.  that much is obvious.  but don't pretend like you ever thought Obama was anything but a stooge for the status quo, because your words prove otherwise.

and what is the big deal about your lie in this case?  it's such a tiny little lie after all.  but it's a lie meant to manipulate people who have wavering faith in the President into losing faith in him.  maybe you are right about Obama and they shouldn't have faith in him.  but you take what you believe to be the truth and you tinge it with a lie that you are one of them.  you lie to gain their trust.  it's the kind of lie that makes me sick to my stomach, because it plays people for fools.

but it's normal in politics.  accepted as okay because it's for the 'greater good'.  but for most people in this country, it's the exact thing about politics that makes them HATE politicians.

i think my cat is possessed by dick cheney

by Anton Bursch on Sun May 27, 2012 at 11:14:58 PM PDT

•  And I like my Dem leaders just fine (0+ / 0-)

I wish Obama's WH would listen to them more often.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." Edward R. Murrow