View Diary: Discussing homelessness and homeless people at Daily Kos (153 comments)

•  Oh, geez (1+ / 0-)
    Dave in Northridge

I found the diary to be condescending and I said so. I don't think there's a gentle way to say that without being condescending in return.

And yeah, a lot of people aren't that tough. But I have to assume that a member of this community can handle mild criticism once in a while. For cryin' out loud, I've been called much worse than "condescending."

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 04:32:38 PM PDT

•  try preening and "show off" BB - (0+ / 0-)

Oh geez your damn self. She's hurt, badly, and Dave in Northridge is to blame for it. He should apologize; he has no idea in all the world what a gentle soul he has accosted. She's the least preening person on the planet.

God bless our tinfoil hearts

by aitchdee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 04:47:57 PM PDT

•  Look, you and she may know each other (1+ / 0-)
        Dave in Northridge

I have no idea. You obviously know her much better than I do. That's fine. But no one here can know what a "gentle soul" someone is when they post on the internet. And when they post on the internet, their post is open to be criticized.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should never voice disagreement or counter-arguments because we don't know what "gentle soul" lies behind the screen name?

I'm all for civility. But I'm NOT against criticism. And, to be honest, your concern for her seems more rooted in the fact that Dave has pissed you off personally. I saw the links in the diary. You and Dave had a little spat. Got it. You're still pissed. That's fine.

But do not let yourself believe that I'm going to mute my criticism of something I find to be highly condescending on the grounds that you believe someone is a gentle soul. As I said to her, I think she did a good thing. There's nothing wrong with that, but yes, she WAS condescending.

And you think that gives you the right to come in here and lecture me about how her feelings were hurt? Well, fair's fair. I don't like being condescended to and when the diarist wrote that diary it was condescending to me.

So why don't I go get someone around here who knows what a "gentle soul" I am to chastise you for lecturing me after MY feelings were hurt?

Jesus. Keep me out of your beef with Dave. If I was interested in it AT ALL I would have commented on it when I read this diary. I didn't. I still don't care. And no amount of your finger-wagging will make me give a shit that you are pissed at Dave. None.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 05:45:16 PM PDT

•  I'm just getting to know her (0+ / 0-)

She is a good soul. Meant no harm to anybody, just poked her head out into the blogosphere to see if she might find a few likeminds. So much for that.

Thing is, I wasn't pissed at Dave any longer--after taking considerable abuse from him I took twigg's advice weeks ago and dropped it, didn't look back--until I came upon this, yesteday. I'm pissed now, you bet: because he's taken aim at the wrong person. If he's (still!) ticked at me then why doesn't he retire the passive, misplaced aggression and write a call-out diary specifically about that, and leave the new kossack who wrote a diary about giving a homeless guy a couple bucks (who may soon out of a house and onto the street herself) out of it. (He might have thought about collaborating with her on this diary, too...now that would have been creative, and saved a lot of face for all concerned.)

I mean, he could have so easily written a diary about talking respectfully to the homeless without laying the foundation of it on the back of a friendly, just-learning, new diarists' ostensible philanthropic exhibitionism--and that's his unfair, made-up, presuptuous characterization (and apparently yours); it's got nothing do to with reality.

But the kicker is this: he went after her and humilated her--drove her off the blog for good--to get at me. He admits as much in the final update to this diary--go on, have a look. And this I will not forget. I had already apologized to him and had otherwise stood down--ask Twigg about it. But he wouldn't it let go--he had to have the last jab. You defended a stinker, BoiseBlue. Now I'm not lecturing you, I'm just telling what I think about that.

God bless our tinfoil hearts

by aitchdee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 06:38:23 PM PDT

•  *presumptuous* (0+ / 0-)

God bless our tinfoil hearts

by aitchdee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 06:40:37 PM PDT

•  Again, I'm not interested in your opinion of Dave (1+ / 0-)
            Dave in Northridge

Nor am I interested in your version of events. I've known him longer than you've known her. And though I don't know her I (AGAIN!!!!) hold no ill will towards her. I've told her that myself and I'm not going to tell it to you again. This is a weird battle you've decided to wage and I'm frankly not interested in it.

So, we're at an impasse, and again, you are not going to change my mind. Is that clear enough for you?

This is my last comment to you. Have a good night.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 06:47:08 PM PDT

•  by the way, Dave in Northridge (0+ / 0-)

has been spitfire furious with ME for weeks for the high crime of calling--not him mind you, but an act of his (taking issue with argo and her now-deleted homeless diary) "shitty." That's it! So have a talk with him, why don't you, about toughening up and taking critism with a modicum of grace, because he needs to learn that lesson far more than argo does.

Do you want to see just exactly what his entire beef is with me? Which is what, at the end of the day, this entire call out diary is about? I almost never post links. I think it looks ridiculous. But you want one, you got it.

God bless our tinfoil hearts