View Diary: Important Melody Townsel revelation--PLEASE DISSEMINATE (355 comments)

•  21 years ago right about now... (4.00)
    i had just finished taking the MCATs while at the same time my fiancee (yes, fiancee) and i broke off our engagement, i was about to turn 21, and in honor of the milestone out at the campus bars for the celebration drank 21 beers and 18 shots.  why do i rememer the amount?  i was po'd that i didn't make an even 21/21.  oh yeah, that's the same night i tried to jump out of a moving camaro because i thought the driver was making a pass at me, made him pull ver, got out of the car and then proceeded to fall asleep under a tree by our campus library, and as dawn was breaking staggered back to my dorm room (waking all 3 room mates), and then did a few lines of coke -- using the album cover for heaven 17's "how men are" as my flat surface, and was as good to go again for another day and night of my birthday week's celebrations.

everyone can have a bad row of it -- the issue is how you came through this and what you are like now, imho.

"well thankfully the e-mail could be printed or else i would not have read your note to me." (my mom)

by dadanation on Tue Apr 26, 2005 at 03:37:21 AM PDT

•  GIMME A FREAKIN BREAK!! (4.00)
      is THAT the best thing they could find?!?!?  that you plagarized an ariticle for your COLLEGE NEWSPAPER!!?!?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?!?

i don't know whether to laugh or HELL YEAH LAUGH -- what else is there to do?!?!

WHAT A JOKE.  LET THEM BRING THIS SHIT OUT.  They'll be laughed out of the damn press conference!

god, i don't think i went to enough classes to plagarize!

GOD DAMN JOKE!  & i'm talking about the people -- not this stunt.

Did you roll through a stop sign when you were 24?

Melody.  C'MON!  You're a mom!  You've got real issues to deal with!

Silly Rabbit.  Tricks are for kids!  :-)

•  GWB -- 21 Years Ago (4.00)
        So drunk he could barely funnel the cocaine up his bloody snout with his daddy's 100-dollar bills.

We the undersigned urge you to support Federal funding for research using human pluripotent stem cells. -80 Nobel Laureates to Pres. Bush

by easong on Tue Apr 26, 2005 at 08:19:03 AM PDT

•  21 years ago (4.00)
          I was smoking pot and taking LSD. Then I shit my pants trying to ride my tricycle home. Then I hid them under the sink. My housemates wouldn't talk to me for a month.

Realistically, I think we all knew there would be a Herculean effort to drag this womans name through the mud. If this is the worst thing they can get on you, Melody, you are a far better person than I.

•  And what was W doing at age 21? (none)
          Too icky to contemplate.
          •  What are his daughters doing now? (4.00)
            Showing their thongs; getting hammered in front of the secret service; pissing on the floor of a London nightclub?

As much as I despise their father politically, I wouldn't want the twins' current foolishness to be held against them at 42, after they have built a decades-long career and earned credibility.

•  You're ever the optimist. (none)
              Think female Rob Lowes.

"Some prices are just too high...The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." Lois McMaster Bujold

by lahke on Tue Apr 26, 2005 at 04:16:18 PM PDT

•  And they call me Polyanna... (none)
                ...point taken.  But out of the worst wingnut families, beacons of reason can emerge; think Alan and Maya Keyes.  If the twins actually do start to show some sense and work for two decades to establish credible careers, I wouldn't advocate their past silliness to destroy that credibility.
    •  dadanation, I am appalled (none)
      that you owned a Heaven 17 record.

Mere youthful indiscretion is no excuse.

The GOP: Making America safe for heterosexuals, one cartoon character at a time.

by Pho on Tue Apr 26, 2005 at 07:21:55 PM PDT

•  i never claimed ownership (none)
        of said album.

ok, so i owned it.  woud you have rather i did my lines off my copy of "make it big" by wham?

by dadanation on Tue Apr 26, 2005 at 10:07:50 PM PDT