View Diary: Jobless rate hits 8.2%. 'Missing workers' make the situation look better than it is (349 comments)

•  It's easy to fall into hand wringing (0+ / 0-)

when you can barely buy food. I can't help thinking that the ones who are telling us not to engage in that type behavior are going to bed with a full stomach every night.

"I will believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one!"

by Haningchadus14 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 at 08:22:21 AM PDT

•  Well that's exactly my point.... people need (0+ / 0-)

to be open for any an all sorts of change to find employment. This means moving, training and especially changing the type of work one has done in the past.

Not sure I understand your comment, there was quite a bit of poverty even in the best of times...

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." Richard Dawkins

by HGM MA on Fri Jun 01, 2012 at 09:27:13 AM PDT

•  Righhhht (0+ / 0-)

Just give up your profession and jump into another whenever necessary. That's the problem, people are too inflexible. Righhht.

I think you probably understand my comment perfectly well. I'm saying the ones who have food worry a lot less about the economy than the ones who don't.

As far as there always being quite a bit of poverty, well I guess that should make my poverty stricken ass feel so much better.

And sorry for the way I respond sometimes, I don't have Phd or a doctorate. I try to speak intelligently, sometimes by emotions get the best of me. Especially when I am worried about feeding my family. I'm a victim of our public schools. I don't have a high school diploma. I can't even spell my handle correctly.

Lot's of this stuff is way beyond the ability of my little mind to comprehend. But I'm not going to let that stop me from trying to participate and maybe get a little smarter in the process.

"I will believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one!"

by Haningchadus14 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 at 10:09:06 AM PDT

•  Glad to see you were too dignified to respond (0+ / 0-)

It must be nice to be so superior

"I will believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one!"

by Haningchadus14 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 at 06:56:34 PM PDT

•  You'll be happy to know (0+ / 0-)

that I explained to my wife what you said about there always being quite of bit of poverty, even in the best of times. She said she feels much better now about not be able to cloth and feed our child.

You people don't care, except maybe in the abstract. Bunch of pointy headed intellectuals chewing things over in a vacuum.

No go eat your prime rib and be happy that you are better than the rest of us.

"I will believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one!"

by Haningchadus14 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 at 06:49:40 AM PDT

•  My problem with people like you (0+ / 0-)

is that you offer bullshit solutions and when a real person comes forward and exposes your bullshit you clam up and run and hide like the little intellectual cowards that you are.

"This means moving, training and especially changing the type of work one has done in the past." BULLSHIT, I been willing to do anything.

To me you are no different than a piece of shit Republican who blames the poor for being poor. As if we'd be so much better off if we'd only listen to you.

Go fuck yourself.

"I will believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one!"

by Haningchadus14 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 at 06:54:40 AM PDT

•  I know people that eat rice and beans (1+ / 0-)
      Haningchadus14

every single day.  Sometimes they don't eat so they can afford formula.  Who is helping them?  They aren't going to vote for Romney, but they sure as hell aren't going to vote for Obama at this point either.