View Diary: Wisconsin turnout through the roof (336 comments)

•  Perhaps my district put (3+ / 0-)
    bythesea, rubyr, IM

numbers in boxes as well, but I don't get your point. If the 93.7% of the electorate that isn't black splits their votes to within a point or two -- and polls suggest that's a strong possibility -- then whether AAs turn out at 2008 or 2010 levels could, in fact, swing the election. Right?

In a close election there's no single swing factor, of course -- any one of a number of things could tip the balance. But I don't see where the diary suggested otherwise.

You are reading my signature line. #hashtag

by cardinal on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 12:07:07 PM PDT

•  The point is... (3+ / 0-)
      cardinal, sideboth, terrypinder

If Walker wins the blogs will be "the negros did it again!".  You know, like every time something unpopular succeeds.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing online commenters that they have anything to say.-- B.F.

by lcj98 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 12:19:17 PM PDT

•  gotcha. (1+ / 0-)
        rubyr

I really don't think Markos was playing that angle in the diary. However, I understand the caution.

You are reading my signature line. #hashtag

by cardinal on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 12:21:22 PM PDT

•  good... (0+ / 0-)
          But the bigger issue is Milwaukee, where African American and other Democratic-leaning voters stayed home in 2010 and cost Democrats the governor's mansion.
          That line right there seems to be setup to a possible blame game tonight.

by lcj98 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 12:38:11 PM PDT

•  Well, anyone who still uses the term (0+ / 0-)

"negros" is likely going to want to blame them for everything. That, in itself, is a racist use of language in 2012, for most people.

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 01:25:12 PM PDT

•  ... (0+ / 0-)

Nice to see you completely missed the point.

by lcj98 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 01:32:49 PM PDT

•  Maybe I did miss the point but I don't think (0+ / 0-)

so and that wasn't my intention. I really believe what I posted. You quoted the word "negroes" and I believe the use of the word reflects a backward mindset that would predispose people to blame AAs for everything. I am sorry to have offended you and I assure you that I am not the enemy.

by rubyr on Tue Jun 05, 2012 at 02:56:58 PM PDT