View Diary: New Obama TV Ad: "Tell Congress We Can't Wait"; Pass the Obama Jobs Plan (88 comments)

•  Iddy-fucking-otic ad. (1+ / 0-)
    mightymouse

Absolutely ridiculous. Stupid. Counter-productive and boneheaded.

Here's why: The President keeps referring to "Congress" as if all of Congress were standing in the way of progress.

IT IS JUST THE FUCKING REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS.

Say "Tell the Republicans in Congress to quite sabotaging the recovery, quit obsessing about abortion and to pass a jobs bill".

•  now, now, mustn't appear partisan (0+ / 0-)

seriously, you are right, this kind of talk sells out good Democrats in Congress.

An ambulance can only go so fast - Neil Young

by mightymouse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 01:04:15 PM PDT

•  Congress passes bills. Dems in Congress (2+ / 0-)
        tytalus, mightymouse

are not fighting hard enough.  Some are great some are unwilling to put it on the line.  If it was just the Republicans blocking progress that's what the ads would say.

by I love OCD on Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 01:39:41 PM PDT

•  lotta places to assign blame (1+ / 0-)
          TomP

including, as you say, some Dems in Congress, and also including the president.

But the lion's share rests with the GOP.

If the point is to elect Obama AND a Democratic Congress (which it should be), the ad should blame Republicans specifically. That would be as truthful as anything.

An ambulance can only go so fast - Neil Young

by mightymouse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 02:05:44 PM PDT

•  I can only guess that there (2+ / 0-)
            tytalus, mightymouse

polling shows that attacking Congress works better in persuading people, although my gut feel is with you.  That's all just speculation on my part.

I'm from the Elizabeth Warren and Darcy Burner Wing of the Democratic Party!

by TomP on Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 02:34:57 PM PDT

•  I imagine you are right (1+ / 0-)
              TomP

and that's why they do what they do.

But I am always interested in seeing the narrative reframed ....

An ambulance can only go so fast - Neil Young

by mightymouse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 03:20:58 PM PDT

•  It's also productive for the (1+ / 0-)
                mightymouse

dedicated Dems to hear from an informed electorate that what they're voting on matters to the people who will re-elect them.

by I love OCD on Fri Jun 08, 2012 at 07:17:13 AM PDT