View Diary: Ed Schultz: New Hannity BFF, sells us down the river (update) (203 comments)

•  kestrel - I'd have to go hunt for them (2+ / 0-)
    PsychoSavannah, charliestl

but I have read several articles that the Rush boycott is hurting all of AM radio, including music. Some advertisers have decided not to use AM radio, and others have decided to not sponsor any talk radio, or stations with a talk format, regardless of the political leaning. It's the reason you are seeing Ed and Hannity joining forces.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 07:59:57 AM PDT

•  If talk radio goes bye it's a benefit for the left (1+ / 0-)
      Susan from 29

Wouldn't bother me if every political talk show gets flushed away.

Please help to fight hunger with a donation to Feeding America.

by MJB on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 08:44:48 AM PDT

•  MJB - no chance of that (1+ / 0-)
        nextstep

The consensus is that the boycott hurt Limbaugh financially, but he only lost a handful of his more than 600 station syndicate and replaced the advertisers who left the show. The ads are now more to buy gold rather than GM cars, but he has survived. However, revenue for all of talk radio is down since the boycott. My guess is that all of talk radio will have a good second half of 2012, with political ads taking any available space.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 10:08:17 AM PDT

•  Really? (1+ / 0-)
      kestrel9000
      I'd have to go hunt for them
      Wow, sounds like Palin and "Palin: I'll try to find ya some and I'll bring 'em to ya -"

Sheesh.

Both parties are beholden to their corporate sponsors. The Democratic Party deigns to throw us a few bones from the table on which to gnaw and squabble over, but it's just kabuki.

by ozsea1 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 08:47:48 AM PDT

•  ozsea - why the derisive personal attack? (5+ / 0-)

Here is where I read the first mention of this phenomena, right here at DKOS. The diary title is "Rush Limbaugh talk show fallout spreads to music formats".

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 10:03:23 AM PDT

•  The question about ACTUAL impact on LEFT talkradio (1+ / 0-)
          regster

was from kestrel9000, to which you replied as I detailed above.

You keep referring to the boycott impact on Rush in multiple comments. Rush is not left radio. You know this.

Not a derisive personal attack. Please quit misdirecting back to Rush and trying to play the victim card.

by ozsea1 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 11:29:39 AM PDT

•  Not true (0+ / 0-)

Many only point was that the Rush boycott was having the unintended consequence of impacting all of AM radio, including progressive talk and music.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 01:16:49 PM PDT

•  And, as the diarist respectfully asked of you (0+ / 0-)

to please provide evidence to support this.

I have no bias here. Convince me if you can with the facts.

by ozsea1 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 01:56:39 PM PDT

•  going back to my original comment (1+ / 0-)
                ozsea1

I wrote that I had read (not that I had proof) that the Rush boycott was having a broader impact on AM radio. You followed with a comment accusing me of being Palin like. I provided a link to the first item I had read on this topic which happened to be a DKOS diary. Remember the context, people were pondering why Ed and Hannity would join up opposing boycotts and my comment was a possible answer, because they are both likely losing ad revenue.

I have no desire to go look for actual data because I don't care why Ed and Hannity are together on this or how much the Rush boycott is impacting AM radio. I was just tossing out a possible answer, for those who posed the question.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Mon Jun 11, 2012 at 02:16:59 PM PDT

•  I listen to the Ed Show daily (1+ / 0-)
                  VClib

Not always easy on the ears sometimes.

Ed has spoken at some length on this topic; however, he has made no mention of this:

because they are both likely losing ad revenue.
                  Hey, conjecture is fine. But the Palinesque statement of yours was, quite frankly, uncharacteristic of you. You strike me as someone who operates in the reality-based world.

That we don't often agree is irrelevant to that impression.

Have a good evening.