View Diary: The Passive Aggressor: Enter the Citadel of Solitude! (20 comments)

•  That (2+ / 0-)
    lgmcp, ontheleftcoast

That comic made me feel sad. Is there some reason you felt like posting it?

Language professors HATE me!

by Zornorph on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 03:17:10 PM PDT

•  Because comics aren't just funny (3+ / 0-)

The best ones make you stop and think. Sometimes you laugh, sometimes you get mad, sometimes you cry. I'd say he did well on this one.

All my sig lines are hand-crafted by demented elves living in my skull.

by ontheleftcoast on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 03:25:50 PM PDT

•  Those who never shared Louis' experience (0+ / 0-)

...are the truly deprived. Some people made it through youth and adolescence without any trouble at all in their suburban paradises. No 'depression' or acting out or bewilderment at what was expected of them as they grew up.

I can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing to have happened in one's life.

Maybe they're the ones who won't get it. Eh. No biggee, but the lack of empathy could be troubling. Either way, I GOT IT the moment I read it.

"I feel a lot safer already."--Emil Sitka

by DaddyO on Fri Jun 22, 2012 at 01:33:49 PM PDT

•  The adventures of Louis are always melancholy (10+ / 0-)

because they capture the reality of the agonies of junior high.  Which are not so different from the agonies of adulthood, except as kids we're less hardened to them.

I like the adventures of Louis because they're true.  They're not funny ha-ha, but there's a wry twinge of recognition.

"The extinction of the human race will come from its inability to EMOTIONALLY comprehend the exponential function." -- Edward Teller

by lgmcp on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 03:28:15 PM PDT

•  I thought it was pretty good (1+ / 0-)
      foresterbob

I have a couple of family members who have never left the Passive/Aggressive phase of life, but IMO we all have experience with it from some time in our life.

"The scientific nature of the ordinary man is to go on out and do the best you can." John Prine

by high uintas on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 03:43:29 PM PDT

•  I find it hard to believe... (0+ / 0-)

...that your comment wasn't pure snark.

I realized it only AFTER I finally read your sig...good one!

I sure as fuck HATE those Internets Tubes ads...they are annoying. I find myself thinking along the lines of "Why would a language professor HATE something that makes his job easier? Because he's a socialist elitist college professor who will lose his job? Because, if it really works and will help everyone learn languages, that professor's lifelong dream of universal verbal communication will be achieved?

Or is it because the ads for said communication tool are SO GODDAMNED FUCKING ANNOYING as well as BOGUS?

I'm going with the last one. I hate them, too.

"I feel a lot safer already."--Emil Sitka